Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed when i am riding that at high speed (100+) the bars are starting to wobble. Also i discovered when i left go of the bars for a min that the front end started a gentle side to side wobble which progressivly(sp?) and rapidly got worse.
I was wondering what could cause this and how to fix it.
Also on a side note i have noticed that under heavy braking i get a lot of vibes and wobbles from the front end, i dont know if this is connected or not. I have recently (within the last 2kmiles) changed the front disc but i have a feeling that it my have warped again since when i am walking the bike i can hear it catching.

Mike.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
you are describing headshake, which is perfectly normal. Although you might wanna get your front tire rebalanced and possibly new head bearings.

basically imperfections in the road are absorbed by the tires, then the shocks, and then finally the rest of the imperfections are headshake, its what the bike can't deal with so it shakes it out, just make sure you don't clamp down on the bars while its doing this, it makes it worse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fair enough, its just that the bike hasnt done this before, i mean yeah a bit under braking but not when i took my hands off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they have completely dissapeared now :D
didnt do any work, just left go on a flatter road and it didnt wobble at all :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Teknik said:
they have completely dissapeared now :D
Someone must be doing some voodoo on you or something! :twisted:

·
Registered
191 Posts
a common problem is a front tire that begins to cup. you will notice your tread starting to pull out leaving a rougher surface. even if there is plenty of tread left which is why people let it slide. this is really bad on wet surfaces as it reduces your contact patch. and as was mentioned head bearing. they could just be loose as well, tire pressure, a whole mess of things. i would go back to the same road and double check its only in that spot otherwise what ever caused it the first time is just learking around the corner and will cost you more in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts