Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this horn on ebay for $24.99 plus $9 shipping. Was wondering if anyone has used it. To me it looks just like the Stabel. Audio clips sound the same from what I can find. Autozone sales the black 419 for &39.95 + tax. They offered to order the crome 519 for $72 including tax. I did the AutoZone aircleaner mod and was looking for something to fill the gap under the filter area.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
What exactly is the Autozone air filter mod? I've not read anything about that yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at the air cleaner on the pic. There is a good thread on here. I did a little different than the guide. I also went with the blue color to match the bike. I am going to mount the horn under the air filter in this pic. Using the holes where old aircleaner was mounted.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
That would be the perfect spot!
The only reason I got the BAK intake was for these same reason. I don't like how that gap looks when is open. Share pitures after the install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:) Hi Ed, I have a WOLO horn also, not the chrome one like yours. It's piece of mind for me. I'm still running the factory pipes on my 900 Classic, and they are pretty quite. I got the horn so people know I'm there. Let me tell you, the first time I used it, you should've seen the look on the drivers face. One, he wasn't looking my way when backing out of his driveway. Two, when he heard the horn, he immediately looked my way and stopped dead in his tracks, but he must have expected a tractor/trailer rig, not a motorcyle. It's pretty loud. I know it saved me some grief that day.
I would post a picture but for some reason, uploading is not working for me?

Safe Riding

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to buy the black and chrome myself but just happened to see the all chrome on the pamphlet in the horn section. Did some checking online and found this on e-bay. With shipping its $33.99 total. As for looks it is almost exactly like the stabel except the stabel has a cast top on the compressor and the wolo has a chrome cover over the casting. Can't wait to get rid of the beep beep. This guys starting bid on e-bay is 24.99 and looks like he sells a bunch at that price.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Hey Ed, it's Mark...took you long enough to find this forum :) I've been coming here since I got the 1600 last March. Great site. Anyway remember seeing the Wolo on my bike? I paid too much for my chrome one from J.C. Whitney, $70 something, can't remember exact amount, but that horn has awoke space drivers up and saved my rear on several occasions! The chrome is just plastic and pretty cheap, starting to chip and peal a little but not too bad, and I have mine mounted where the original was, well away from the heat of the jugs...just a thought. By the way, the paint job turned out terrific! Nice looking scoot!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mark, actually I have been a member here since 07. Just haven't been posting much. BTW we are planning to do some riding sunday if your interested. Planned on doing the abate rolling for kids tomorrow in Morresville but have to work at Charlies. If I get out of there soon enough I may catch up to the group. Sunday is going to be a pick a direction more or less maybe head down thru hoosier national and see the ohio river. The more the better ya know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the looks of it. The plastic kinda worrise me a bit where I plan on putting it. The original aircleaner is all plastic though so maybe ok if I keep enough space between horn and heads.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Not sure If I can make it Sun. I go to church, but I did sign up for the Artie Fest ride. That will be the Sat. morn. before the parade, then be part of the parade. Check it out at the Artesian Well website. I will go riding after church, but will probably miss you guys.

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Yeah, that's why I mentioned the heat from the jugs if you were going to mount it right between them...I don't know, might be alright?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sent a message to Carla about the artie fest. She is Vickys cuz so I am going to help with it. About Sunday we usually don't ride till after noon so get with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts