Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my woodcraft rearset for my ex500 (500R) in today, several weeks earlier than I had originally planned, I got them installed, had to trim the cover that goes over the front sprocket, also am designing a new bracket I have to make in my head. I also had to make a stopper so the kickstand would stop an inch or so farther down than stock, we'll see if the kick stand is gonna work like that or if I'll have to move it farther down on the bike or get rid of it all together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
woodcraft rearsets

A few questions about the rearsets... How do you like them so far? I have the same bike, minus the nice paint-job that you have. :( How long did it take you to install them? How much customization did you have to do? You mentioned some work with the kick-stand and the front sprocket cover... Did you have to readjust the shifter at all? BTW, my bike is still totally stock...including exhaust, but some Woodcraft clip-ons are on the way! 8)

Thanks.

Tarrant

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: woodcraft rearsets

Tarrant said:
A few questions about the rearsets... How do you like them so far? I have the same bike, minus the nice paint-job that you have. :( How long did it take you to install them? How much customization did you have to do? You mentioned some work with the kick-stand and the front sprocket cover... Did you have to readjust the shifter at all? BTW, my bike is still totally stock...including exhaust, but some Woodcraft clip-ons are on the way! 8)

Thanks.

Tarrant
I had to trim the front sprocket cover, a dremel tool will do the trick on that one. The kick stand is going to be taken to a machine shop soon to get reshaped a little bit. The shifter moves with the rearset, and it is adjustable to however you like it. overall I love the rearsets, there is a little bit of customization involved, but the comfort is up and so is the performance in the twisties. All is going good with them so far. Good luck with installing your and show us some pictures of em.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those pics look beautiful bro! I didn't even know that I could do something like that to my bike! Those look much nicer than the blocks they give you from the factory. Now u need to update your sig so that we can see the whole finished product with every reply. :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
fast reply :eek:

Freakinout,

Gotta get some rearsets first! I'll probably order some later in the summer. I'll post some pics when I do. Are you going to get some clip-ons for your bike?

Tarrant

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: fast reply :eek:

Tarrant said:
Freakinout,

Gotta get some rearsets first! I'll probably order some later in the summer. I'll post some pics when I do. Are you going to get some clip-ons for your bike?

Tarrant
I plan on some clip-ons at some point in time, but right now I'm doing the tire thing, need new rubber. Then I have to start saving for the katanaplanet.com summer rally in NC, which is a long way away from where I live. Lots of trailering the bikes to get there. Clip-ons will happen at some point in time, just dunno when my checking account will agree.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Freakinout,

Enjoy the rally. What tires will you get? I've heard that Pirelli Sport Demons are great replacements for the stock Excrements...

Tarrant

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Tarrant said:
Freakinout,

Enjoy the rally. What tires will you get? I've heard that Pirelli Sport Demons are great replacements for the stock Excrements...

Tarrant
I've got a pirelli diablo 150/60zr17 sitting next to me right now, I'm waiting on the 120/70zr17 front to show up. I'm gitty about putting the new rubber on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was looking at taht

did you install them because you didn't have any rearseat pegs? other thenthat coolio

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: i was looking at taht

thesmyle said:
did you install them because you didn't have any rearseat pegs? other thenthat coolio
I had the stock pegs, I just wanted to change the configuration of the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts