Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all please could u help me with something, I do keep my bike in a wooden garden shed and I'm wondering will the Ferring on my bike warp in the boiling weather as it reaches 100 degrees in there sometimes?

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
Being Bri'ish :) I understand your concern. 100*F is not something you guys and gals routinely deal with. I live in the southeast of the USA and the normal summer weather is 93-98*F every day. Add daily early evening rains and it's mostly like living inside a sauna spa.

The plastics on your bike will be fine. If possible just crack open a window or two to allow a breeze. In my wooden workshed I installed one small open vent up high and another down low so natural convection keeps the temperature down to only 10 or 15 degrees above ambient. In the winter I just staple a plastic bag over them.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My shed has a vent installed low on one side and another installed high on the other side for ventilation. I don't keep my bike in there but I wouldn't be worried about it if I did. I live in NC on the southern coast where it gets hot in the summer time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts