Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mustang seat arrived today. Got it installed, but didn't get to give it a good try out. Only went on a short ride, but I can tell it will make a big difference. My wife is very pleased with the pillion. I was hoping to make a long ride while off for the holidays, but looks like the weather is not going to cooperate. They are talking snow showers and temps in the teens for the weekend. This is South Georgia, it just aint right.

bluestringer

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

same forecast here blue-
get some pics of the bike in the snow if we get dusted
that seat will get a little better after a while :wink:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
bluestringer.....Glad it showed up and you now have it on and using it. That is my next upgrade. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just put a new mustang seat on my 800B last week.Looks great ,better than I even thought it would.Rode 10 miles in 36 degree weather and feels good so far.Ain't it fun!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
LOL.....vanb.....You said it!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I WANT ONE!!!! :):):)

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The temps got into the low 60's yesterday afternoon, so I took off work and did about 30 miles before the rain moved in. The seat is great. Me and the wife are already planning a long trip when the weather gets better. It does place me a little higher than the stock, and I'm thinking about getting some risers to get the bars higher and a little further back.

bluestringer

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
bluestringer.....can you say how much higher the Mustang seat raises you? I'm already a tall rider and don't need to be looking higher over my windshield than I currently do.

Thanks!

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whistle clean said:
bluestringer.....can you say how much higher the Mustang seat raises you? I'm already a tall rider and don't need to be looking higher over my windshield than I currently do.

Thanks!

I would say about 1/2 to 1 inch higher. It's not much, but could make a difference for tall riders. I can raise my shield, but right now I don't think I will need to.

bluestringer

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Thanks blustringer!

I think it could work for me....as you mentioned by adjusting the shield. I know it will be a welcome addition after riding 3000 miles on my summer vacation on the stock seat last summer. I had to stop and buy a pair of bicycle shorts with padding in the seat/crotch so I could have a little more comfort along the way. :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Good point pickyourpockets....I didn't even think of that. :)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I had a Mustang seat on my 800A. It was a great seat. Super comfortable and great looking, too.

I have the stock seat on my 1500 Classic FI, and I really like it. The stitching is coming loose a bit on one of the seams, though, so I'm going to take it in to a guy here in town who does custom seats. While he's stitching it back up, I'm going to have him put some gel foam in the seat and maybe add some decorations. I think it'll then be the perfect seat for me.

Julie

·
Registered
524 Posts
I also have a 800A and replaced the ****py stock seat with a Mustang Fastback.Much better back support and comfort,you can hit a bump in the road and not realy feel it.Did sit just a hair higher but I'am sure it will breakin a bit.I have put over 1000 miles on my new mustang seat and love it,very good seat.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Glad to hear you like the new seat. I envy you people who get to ride this time of year. Too cold and too much snow here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts