Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently aquired an unfinished project bike, 1987 ZL 1000. It`s about 75% put together and has been painted purple! How can i tell if this bike is an Eliminator? It`s in pretty good shape and all the important parts are intact. Engine runs, but has some carb. issues. Is this bike worth considerable time and money? Any input appreciated.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
It depends on the price. Keeping in mind this is a 23 yr old bike in my opinion if its more than $250 then no but then again am not too mechanically inclined so others may have a different point of view. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only have about 200 $ in the bike now,new battery and exhaust gaskets. Paid nothing for the bike,just had to get it out of the last owners way! i think it`s worth finishing, but parts $ adds up quickly. Next step is to get it running right then i will feel better about spending the time and money. Many questions to come!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`ll try to get some posted in a day or two. Need to take some pix with something besides my phone!

·
VN900
208 Posts
Erik...YOU need to join the ZL forum at:

http://www.zl-oa.com

And become part of the brotherhood! These are great bikes and any help you need can be found there; from manual downloads, tech help (from everyone) and getting hooked-up to new & used parts. Anyone that has ever ridden a ZL900 or ZL1000 know what the bikes can do and are a total blast to ride! Joining is free and you will learn a lot! When you get yours running just remember to hang on tight! 0-50 in 2 seconds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got some pix posted, but for some reason they came up "HUGE" on the screen. If you are interested they are in "main lobby" of the forum, thread "greetings to all from a newbie".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts