Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is exciting. I have owned and ridden my black Kaw Ninja 500 since June 2003. I have ridden it from Tampa to NC (through the dragons tail) and back. Dumped it once going through some gravel (dare stuff) and it is in the process of being repaired. It will be my only mode of transportation beginning jan 1 (yeppy! I am so excited). Would really like to know if there are any other female motorcycle riders in my area? And I am looking for an upper front fairing... does anyone know where I could find one. My repair shop can't seem to find one. :p

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I'm a born-again cruiser guy just getting back into riding but with same basic engine as yours (Vulcan 500 LTD)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow.....beginnerbikes.com might be able to turn you onto one, otherwise, I'd suggest Airtech. Those folks *always* have the goods, bodywork wise...

Hope this helps...

ZX

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
gravel eh? thats how almost every person I've seen has gone down on the 500r, including myself. luckily mine wasn't too bad, I've just smoothed out the corner that got roughed up and am in the process of painting it flat black.

As soon as its warm again (mid-late january) I'll be using my 500r as my daily commuter. Nothing like 42mpg city/55mpg highway.

I've noticed the jardine on your bike, not too loud for ya?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Freakinout: I bought the bike with the Jardine on it and it was part of the reason I fell in love with the bike, that and the fact that it was all black. But how do you know what my bike looks like I wonder??? Are you stalking me? :wink: [/quote]

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
darkninja said:
To Freakinout: I bought the bike with the Jardine on it and it was part of the reason I fell in love with the bike, that and the fact that it was all black. But how do you know what my bike looks like I wonder??? Are you stalking me? :wink:
I've seen it on KP, while you were on it. I would probably stalk you, but that is a long way to travel to stalk, there are plenty of women around here that I could stalk with much less effort. (yes, I'm very lazy) I put my jardine on, yet I somewhat dislike the noise level. I've been looking at a vance & hines that will slip onto the jardine head pipe. it should run me 120ish to do that, and I will have much less noise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank ZX Kawboy for the info on Airtech. I will def check it out. I don't want to ride a naked bike.

Freakinout: I was never on KP. Is my BF flouting me and my bike about again? I rather like the noise of the Jardine, People pay better attention and notice me more because of it. Cyberpoet has tried to convince me to muffle the sound someway, but I refuse. Beside I like the Xtra vibs.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
darkninja said:
Thank ZX Kawboy for the info on Airtech. I will def check it out. I don't want to ride a naked bike.

Freakinout: I was never on KP. Is my BF flouting me and my bike about again? I rather like the noise of the Jardine, People pay better attention and notice me more because of it. Cyberpoet has tried to convince me to muffle the sound someway, but I refuse. Beside I like the Xtra vibs.
most women have enjoyed the vibrations off my jardine, but I think I will leave that alone. Yeah, your BF was making the rest of us lonely guys jealous over on KP. Although it doesn't take much on that forum.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you are looking to purchase used then this shop is the place to go... They are in Philly and its a huge salvage yard for motorcycles.... Check it out, give thenm a call and see what they got....

http://www.ajcyclesalvage.com/[/url]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fairing parts

thanks for the info Spyder. I put in a request. I'll see what they have. Curious tho... does an upper front fairing of a Ninja 250 fit the 500??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts