·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a feeling that bike is smoking, if you know what I mean. HOT. :cool:

That or it's a scam.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have the same feeling as above...it is just hard to believe to just ask for 10.8K since it is so easy to ask for 12.5K :shock:

On the pic, the bike already looks very fast indeed.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
As far as a test ride is concerned, I understand most dealer DON'T allow them. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think I'd buy a bike from any dealer who didn't at least let me take it around the block.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
My dealers won't let anybody test in this area. Insurance costs are just too high. As for the bike in this post, he's probably just getting what he owes on the bike. Too many people think they can control a bike like that with not much experience. I know I am fairly experienced but had tried my freinds gxr and was shocked at how little throtte would send you into orbit. Scared me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think its the mom selling it... I think she is trying to get HER money back...:)

·
Banned
880 Posts
Hmmm, somethings fishy. My 17 yr old son would love that bike. I wouldn't think a 19 yr old would be scared of anything.
yea at 19...heck even now id do whatever i could to get UNscared cause thats one bad *** beast. Id make it my 2nd job to learn to ride it no matter what. Once that thing was in my possession it'd be hard to get it away...and yea it bet the MOM IS trying to get her money back. Tough way to learn things.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I just bought two high quality leather jackets, one for wife, one for me, from a couple that bought a Sportster, and all the gear, with out ever having been on a motorcycle in their life.

They lost a fortune on the bike when they sold it, and then lost more when they sold all the gear. It happens. Some folks fall in love with the dream, and then wake up I quess.

I would still be very leery of a deal that sounds to good to be true, but they do happen.

D

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
ZX10R for a 19 year old? He paid 13k for the bike, rode it down the block, got nervous about it and now he's taking a $3000 loss!

Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R

couldn't he at least test drive it before buying it?
I don't blame him for being nervous (if indeed that's the real story). That's a lot of bike for someone brand new to riding.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
new rider, 19 yrs old, with big bike on famous Los Angles California expressways.

To go from riding a 125 or 250 in BRC to owning/riding a 1000. Ok that would be like me the newbi with no bike saying I wanna get a suzuki 'busa or ninja zx10s or bigger. Yeah right!

He just needs to get used to the bike.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well, A customer here are work bought a new 2006 srt-8 300 black had it a month brought it back traded it in (mind you he paid cash for it) for our new 2007 silver srt-8 300. Paid for in cash again. Next day brought it back said it wasnt as fast as the black on and traded it back in with only 200 miles on it for his orignal black srt-8. Lost 8,000 dollars in the process of doing that. crzy

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
People are strange. Have you seen the Youtube video of the guy that just got his $30K Harley. Gets on, guns it and smashes into a car in the parking lot. I don't think the guy had ever been on a bike before.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
yea at 19...heck even now id do whatever i could to get UNscared cause thats one bad *** beast. Id make it my 2nd job to learn to ride it no matter what. Once that thing was in my possession it'd be hard to get it away...and yea it bet the MOM IS trying to get her money back. Tough way to learn things.
not to alter the course of this thread (aka HiJack), i have the perfect song to accompany your current avatar

YouTube - SV - Earl Scruggs - Dueling Banjos

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
People are strange. Have you seen the Youtube video of the guy that just got his $30K Harley. Gets on, guns it and smashes into a car in the parking lot. I don't think the guy had ever been on a bike before.
I had to go look that up…funny and stupid at the same time!

Of course, I couldn't stop at one video, so I clicked on a video of a woman "just learning to ride". She has jeans, sneakers, a short-sleeved t-shirt and NO HELMET on! And she's dragging her feet on the ground! Unbelievable! She's a statistic just waiting to happen!

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Well this was posted on the www.motorcyclecruising.com forum
Hi all
I am a very new rider ( 1 month). I bought a sportster 1200, and traded after 1 month to an electra glide. The dealer said I would get used to the size in a very short time. I was driving home after riding and hit a branch across the road. I didn't drop the bike, but hit the groung with my leg to steady it when I swearved over the branch. I broke my Tibia fron the force of the ground. I felt like the bike is really top heavy and now I afraid to ride it. Maybe I should sell it and get into something lighter? I could use some advise. I read that the riskiest rider is one that is inexperianced with a bike that is too big.

Makes ya wonder. I know when I got back into riding after several decades of absence my dealer would of sold me anything I wanted or thougth I wanted. Good thing common sense said 900LT big enough for now. Doesn't mean I still don't drool over a nomad or goldwing or others. Just know what I have works for me now and easier to handle.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
ZX10R for a 19 year old? He paid 13k for the bike, rode it down the block, got nervous about it and now he's taking a $3000 loss!

Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R

couldn't he at least test drive it before buying it?
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why an inexperienced, just passed the course and no seat time would buy something like that. To me that is just retarded.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why an inexperienced, just passed the course and no seat time would buy something like that. To me that is just retarded.
Clearly it was because some jackass told him they learned on one just fine so he could too, right? That or he let the salesman talk him into it.

People are stupid.

Crashing a brand new 2007 GSXR-1000 right out of the dealership: YouTube - Biker Crashes Brand New Bike

Here's the Harley video: YouTube - Can't ride bike. Crash motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts