Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea i have not posted here in a few months, and as i page through some threads there is a lot of catching up to do. I missed this site, i just couldnt find time to get on the pc due to work a new Xbox 360 and a few house repairs, oh and the woman hogs the PC anyways. So let me catch you up on a few things.
Last fall i had a slight problem with my bike, it got hit yes HIT- knocked over - and flipped on its left side. What caused this you ask? well allow me to retort- I was sleeping and well i awoke to my womans mother who cannot climb stairs due to old age saying " Rob Rob wake up something happened to your bike " i was in amazement as why she was up in our apartment at 5am but the part happened to you bike woke me faster then a jack rabbit. She says **** ( her husband ) hit my bike and its on its side. No No No So without thinking all reaction a ran down my stairs in just boxers and flew out the door to see Connie on her side just looking up at me. **** was trying to pick her up when i stepped in to help right her back on to 2 wheels. After she was back up i looked for any damage. First off i saw a broken left front peg ( errr ) then i noticed that the rear trunk cover type thing was busted and i just bought it a month earlier from a COG member, also there was a busted tail light shattered beyond repair, then i noticed the rear faring type thing that wraps around the under side of the seat and hold the rear tail light cracked and busted also beyond repair. The the left mirror i finally just got it to stop wiggling while i ride not busted but tweaked scratched and real loose, next was the left bar stabilizer scratched up pretty bad , and last but not least my totally cool fabbed it myself license plate bracket busted. My womans father could not stop saying he was sorry till i said hey dont worry about it its all minor damage and can be fixed in a few hours and some money. I had the woman bring me my key to see if she would start and it scared me because it didnt right away but on the third try she was running like nothing happened , just a few ounces of gas on the ground and thats it. Now here is what happened if you can picture this. We have huge deck in the back attached to the house and the womans father parks next to it id say the back side of it and i park my bike on the other side about 5 feet away now it was dark and what he does is he has to pull out make a right and then go down the drive way to leave. when he made his right turn onto the slab he hit the tail of my bike by cutting the turn to sharp

as you see in my totally cool pic i made my bike sits around the corner from the truck and i park it the same way every day and there is alot i mean alot of room to spare. So like i said he cut the turn sharp and nail my tail sending the kick stand up since it was being pushed, the as i imagined it hit the stair case i park by and flipped it up and over the bottom star and landed on its side. After all was said and done within 10 minutes i was on ebay and found every part i needed for a total of like $80.00 and every plastic piece was silver another bonus lol. My womans father offered to pay for it all but i said ill split it with you since i know you didnt mean to hit my bike ( or did he lol j/k ) so yea within 2 weeks i had all my parts plus a few other i needed and slapped them all on and you cant tell a difference except my totally cool license bracket that i fabbed was replaced by a L bracket for now.
So yea thats what happened and im not bitter at all i know people make mistakes and no use in crying over spilled milk. Now to the good stuff.

It has been so snowy here in wisconsin i coudnt ride since late november , so today i wanted to ride to work but had to pick up a few things before i went into work so i took the truck. All day i kept hearing snow advisories and kept regretting not getting on her today , but i got out early about 2:30 got home threw on my gear, checked all the fluids warmed her up and went for a ride. She was a little stiff till i threw her in a few sweepers and i was all grins from ear to ear. I was just happy to ride even if it does snow tonight i can go to bed all gushy inside lol. The best part is peoples reactions to a guy on a bike in freezing weather so if the snow passes guess whos riding to work tomorrow i envy people who live in warm states. Well that was alot of typing so imm off to read a few posts catch up on what ive missed just hope the weather holds out...

X

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Man, that sux! Just glad you got to do a little good riding.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome back. Glad you got her fixed (and cheaply, too).

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Glad you got a ride in and got her put back together. PMS Parked Motorcycle Syndrome is no fun. I'm a grouch. Fortunately I got to ride a few days recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts