Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,, last friday,, i was going around a left turn and went off the road. Being the newbie that i am,, with no dirtbike experiance,, i tried to get back on the road and the front tire lost traction. The bike nose-dived left, into the gravel, and i went flyin to the right over the bike. My shoulder hit the fairing stay and bent it all to hell and broke my collar bone.
The damages: cracked the upper fairing, next to the windshield, small 2-inch crack in the left headlight, couple of 3-5 inch cracks in the left side fairing, broke and shattered the left blinker off, broke the left rear blinker off, broke the left footpeg off, and scuffed to death all over the place.
I am hurt but wanting to ride right now! 6-8 weeks of recovery and a new fairingstay and footpeg bracket and i should be on the road. I can wait.
What did i learn? If you go off the road, dont try to get back on, especially in a turn, just ride it out and slow to a stop.
If anyone knows where i can get a left footpeg bracket or a upper fairing stay for a 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R, i would really appreciate it for any info.

Thanks a lot-- JT

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

glad your ok :wink: did your instructor in the safety course go over what to do in this circumstance?

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Heck---you need to be real carefull about large cracks or grooves in the road------another nasty thing is when they cut grooves in the road for resurfacing.

Glad you're relatively OK----keep the rubber on the road.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PARTS

While you are in recovery mode, call Beartooth and the parts will come right to your door! There is no gimmick with the 10% discount.

·
Registered
395 Posts
OmahaRider said:
...another nasty thing is when they cut grooves in the road for resurfacing.quote]

WHEW!!!! I thought it was just me! Another thing I hate are the directional arrows that are at EVERY FREAKIN INTERSECTION on the higways around here. They're not painted down, instead they use decals or something.

·
Registered
98 Posts
jonesie619 said:
WHEW!!!! I thought it was just me! Another thing I hate are the directional arrows that are at EVERY FREAKIN INTERSECTION on the higways around here. They're not painted down, instead they use decals or something.
It is paint, just very think. My pickup slide on them sometimes.

Hope you get well soon Jasm.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TAPE/PAINT

Some of the new stuff IS tape and they heat it to seal it then later they heat it to take it up..I hate PAINT and it should be OUTLAWED, or at least the state should be responsible for accidents caused bu the loss of traction on it...there are paints that you don't slide on...

·
Registered
395 Posts
FatCat said:
jonesie619 said:
It is paint, just very think. My pickup slide on them sometimes.
I stand corrected. Thx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hang on a second I've actually peeled that crap off the road once before. It was definately a sticker. Maybe they use different kinds at different areas.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OUT HERE THEY USE THE STICKERS&PAINT

Stickers are usually used for temporary use unless they heat the surface real good, paint is much cheaper. Paint though is very slippery when wet, almost as slick as the metal covers that they put on the roads when they are digging them up and have to cover them...I prefer the stickers to paint...

·
Registered
142 Posts
wreck and learn, its the only way unfortunately. its not the type of thing you'll forget either, is it? glad you didn't get hurt worse. fulltilt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts