Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a spill on my bike and did some cosmetic damage. It is rideable but the handlebars were pushed down and the left floorboard bent up. I really want to make sure it is safe to ride and that there is no damage that I can't see.

My question is should I entrust it to the dealer to do a thorough inspection on it? Is there a process for this already?

Thanks

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
With experience in this, I will say that you can stand, and bounce on the floorboard to replace it to it's original (or close enough value). Make sure to take a wrench and socket to the mount bolts, as they will inevitably be loose (again experience, almost lost a board due to not checking).

If the bars are not bent, just shifted, then loosen the retention bolts, re-adjust to your riding position, and tighten. If the bike starts, and runs smoothly, then take it for a short (and very local ride). If it feels "off", it probably needs more work. I will advise that the mounting stems for the boards more than likely covexed from their original flat surface, and in my case, the spot-welded female bolt broke loose. Not a total problem, as their is enough friction to re-tighten.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.