Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this morning im riding into work and i get off the freeway to get some gas. After i get gas i notice this wrring noise anytime i hit 5k rpm's in any gear.

i know it's not horribly helpful, but does anyone have some ideas

kris

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WRNGG

Check EVERY nut and bolt...check your exhaust pipes for any gray dull leaks and tighten up any clamps. have you had the proper cam/valve adjustment done like the book calls for? did it do it before you took it in, or is it due? I'd get it into the Service dept and then let Kawasaki be responsible should she "blow up" on you. Cover your bases and check out your bike real carefully. I had the same problem once on competition "Y" bike and it turned out that it maus have been the resonant frequency of the darn license plate frame, even though it was tight. It took me about a week of removing pieces of my bike, yes, including the complete fairing, it was driving me crazy...turn signals were changed from one side and front to rear...front fender removed..whenI removed the back tail light assy it quit, so I put it back on and tightened the Cr**(ud)ha, out of it and it did it again! I replaced the bulbs ater ptutting electrolyte grease on them, i all but broke the screws/plastic tightening them on the tail light...then i removed the license plate, put it back on without the frame, jsut like on a car they will vibrate...and Problem solved...Hope yors is this easy...PLEASE let the FORUM know how you fix it...this is a place to learn and have fun...most of all share what we learn...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Wringing

Sounds crazy but have you checked hte sprockets for tightness and wear? Have you been properly lubricating your chain, or letting it get to the point where it is making noise t tell you that it needs some lube??? REPLACE it if you have...the dealer will be happy to sell you one...and keep it well lubed!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
It is hard to give a good guess without hearing it but zx-2r may be right about it just being a loose fastener somewhere. If you have it in neutral sitting still does it still make the noise? That will possibly help eliminate a bunch of things, including tranny and chain/sprockets. I have a few extra keys on my key chain and they have made some crazy sounds if they set on that plastic cover around the ignition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for all the replies. im going to remove the licence plate frame right now as i KNOW it rattles.

I have been maintaining my chain every 500 miles. I have an appoitment with Kawaski, but they want close to $300 for a complete look-over. their 10k service is only $350 and they replace everything, so i might just do that.

ill let everyone know once i figure it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i figured out the noise. a wrench had come loose from the toolkit under the seat and was vibrating against the bottom of the fuel tank. took out the kit and went for a ride: no noise...yay!!
now i have to find a way to keep the tool kit all together.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TOOL KIT

The cheap way...like on an atv..through muck+mud...was to put everything in a tough ZIP-LOCK then back in the plastic case...but the dealers have a really cool Nylon and Velcro pouch that is awesome! On my budget I'll just have to throw them in my little pouch of my backpack aht will be bungied onto the bike...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts