Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is wanting to learn how to ride and she needs a nice little bike to start with. We're pretty limitted to what she'll fit on...even the 250 is about an inch and a half too tall in the seat for her...but it's the smallest bike available that suits her (other than the Ducati Monster, which she'll eventually have one).

Basically what I need is a reliable learner's bike. It needs to be cheap, too...under $1500. Scratches and minor dings here and there are fine but I would prefer the bike's body to be in-tact. Any year is good as long as she runs good and won't leave my baby stranded anywhere. I would prefer to have a bike with a tad less than 456,000 miles on the clock. Modded bikes are welcome and basic mods and/or lowering will be a bonus. So post what you got...I would prefer soemthing close to Amarillo or the abillity on your part to move the bike (I'll cover your gas and food, I just don't have much time) either to me or to Lubbock TX. I can travel if it's determined to be necessary.

I see you, Andrew...:p.

B

·
0 Posts
I just picked up an EX500 off ebay for $633, it was in sacramento cali and I'm here in Spurs' City got it shipped through www.forwardair.com, they have online quotes and all, good luck :)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Lubbock eh? Glad to finally see somebody else from this horribly flat town get on here.

Have you checked www.cycletrader.com ? Thats a good place to start. The thrifty nickel and the Lubbock AJ are both good sometimes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My girl is actually from Lubbock...I live up north of Amarillo. I'll send her after a Lubbock AJ (don't know what that is). The thrifty nickel didn't have anything closer than San Angelo...

You have a PM...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
switching title isn't a hassle and it's not really too far, but amcquinn's bike is going to be near Tulsa in March. I'm going to buy his if we don't come across something comparable before then...his is a great buy.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I think you'll be hard pressed to find much before march anyway. typically people don't sell bikes in january, even if it is warm enough to ride. march is the big time that people really start selling bikes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually like to look in the winter because the bikes listed then are usually being sold by people who NEED to sell the bike and will negotiate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts