85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a T-Bag pet carrier.:-D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pet carrier

Yes, I have been carrying my little Pug on the back of my ST in a small tool bag, however, that won't work this Spring. He has grown. I did buy a Roadhound pet carrier, the large size, off Ebay, but it just looks too large and I'm afraid that my luggage rack may not hold it, plus I now think that I want him directly behind me.

anyway, I've never taken a pet on the back of my bikes, but I've discovered a new joy. The T-bags are not that expensive, so will probably just buy a new one, but being frugal by nature, though someone may have an unused one clutter things up.

Good luck in your search.:wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice looking Pug. I wish that I could find my digital camera, so that I could send a picture of mine. Pugsley is seven months old. He is 3/4 Pug and 1/4 Laso Also, or some spelling like that. One advantage to the mix is he doesn't shed at all. However, he looks exactly like yours, except he is longer haired, plus light colored. He is quite a character. Thanks much for sharing that picture. George

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Need one for my wifes cruiser so she can carry her Chihuahua

·
Registered
581 Posts
The problem I have with my Pug is he weighs 22lbs, I think he is a monster not fat just big. Everyone i see say hes a monster. My daughter has a female and she weighs 12lbs

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need one for my wifes cruiser so she can carry her Chihuahua
Yes, she would probably love it. The Chihauhua is probably small enough that she could use a small soft tool box, which I did when my Pug was real small. My Pug really loves to ride. I took him with me on every ride last Fall except one. He looked very sad wen I returned.;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem I have with my Pug is he weighs 22lbs, I think he is a monster not fat just big. Everyone i see say hes a monster. My daughter has a female and she weighs 12lbs
Well, my Pug is seven months old & I'll bet he weighs close to twenty pounds. I'm hoping that he quits growing. Those T-Bag carriers have a 20 pound weight limit, but I'm sure you could stretch that a bit. However, I'm worried about his size, length. I believe that the T bag has a width of around 19 inches.:wink:

·
Registered
533 Posts
my problem is not the weight of "Chica" she is a dacshund and too long for the pillon....I need a long skinny side car

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still looking anybody have ideas, pics of something you beleive may work?
I've pretty much decided that this Roadhound carrier is going to be too big and cumbersom, so at this time I would say that I'll end up with a T-bag. I plan on calling them today to see if they have an attachment system that wotks with a tourbox, which I have on my ST. Apparently you need a sissy bar to slide the carrier down onto. I don't have a sissy bar, nor can you put one on with a tourbox.

Another thing, since I ride alone most of the time I want the mutt directly behind me on the pillion area. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE: Pet carrier for motorcycle

I have spent all winter researching alternatives for carrying pets on a motorcycle. My husband and I acquired 2 dogs over the winter. A very small Maltese (under 5 lbs) and a Yorkie (under 4 lbs). We did alot of riding last summer and don't want the pets to slow us down. I would welcome any suggestions from others that have taken their pets on their bikes. From what I've seen the T-bag type looks like it might work. Has anyone used this?? We have a 2006 Kawasaki 2000 with the back rest and the luggage rack. THANKS

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pet carrier

I ended up with a Roadhoud pet carrier (large), and a T-bag carrier. The T-bag is too small for my 20# Pug, so that was a mistake.

However, yesterday, I purchased a Ural sidecar rig, 2006 Tourist model, so it may be the answer. I will still take the Pug on my other bikes, but the sidecar will be added fun.

·
Registered
758 Posts
want to sell the road hound? If so, email me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, not the Roadhound, but possibly the T-bag carrier later on. I'm using the Roadhound on my Honda St1300. I may try to fit the little Pug into the T-bag for my W650, but he will have to loose wome weight.

·
Registered
758 Posts
how did you find the one on ebay. Under pet carriers?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how did you find the one on ebay. Under pet carriers?
I think that was it, but not sure. ebay's search system leave a lot to be desired. I paid 276 for it, which was a good deal. Almost new. However, I did find that the large Junior model is real big, much bigger than the tourbox on me Honda ST1300. I kind of wish I would have gotten the one in between. My Pug is 20#, but the Junior model seems too big.

·
Registered
758 Posts
my shihpoo weighs 25 pounds so need the big one

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right, that is a big one for a carrier. I was hoping that my little Pug would stop growing arounf 15#, but that is not the case. I have him in a diet of low fat dog food, but he doesn't like it. The little mutt is the best companion I've ever had. He beats any girlfriend I've had in twenty years, no complaining, no shopping and he is always happy to see me.

Try this. Lock your girlfriend, wife, whatever in the trunk of you car for an hour, then when you let them out see which one is happy to see you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts