Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to gut the stock mufflers on a 1600 Classic? Gadget`s page depics 1500 Nomads. I know the 1600`s have different exaust. Anyone?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think you can, however to be effective you have to remove the muffler assembly. I just went and took mine off after posting earlier. The mufflers look alot like my ZRX pipe did on the inside. Looks to me like you could run a pipe or piece of rebar all the way through them and improve exhaust flow quite a bit. If you can see light all the way through the pipe when your done you'll like the results.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

throw them away and buy some pipes :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright alright alright!!!!! Sorry guys.
I know all my posts are exaust questions. It`s because, I just bought this bike a couple of months ago and the first thing I wanna change is the exaust. I`m being picky cause I want to do the right thing the first time. Please bare with me.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
jimkalfakis said:
Alright alright alright!!!!! Sorry guys.
I know all my posts are exaust questions. It`s because, I just bought this bike a couple of months ago and the first thing I wanna change is the exaust. I`m being picky cause I want to do the right thing the first time. Please bare with me.

Understood.....and keep posting! We all do. :)

As for pipes....you'll get different opinions based on each persons experience and preference. My bike was bought used and has Hard Krome pipes on it and if they ever need replacing....I'll gladly put Hard Kromes back on it. Love the looks and the sound. Just my preference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah WHISLE! I really like the the 3" HardChromes and leaning towards them but the V&H pipes look good too, with that cross-over pipe. V&H claims they have the performance and sound of a 2 into 1. I wish the V&H pipes came in 3".

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
jimkalfakis said:
Yeah WHISLE! I really like the the 3" HardChromes and leaning towards them but the V&H pipes look good too, with that cross-over pipe. V&H claims they have the performance and sound of a 2 into 1. I wish the V&H pipes came in 3".

Decisions...Decisions...Decisions. LOL :)

I don't think you'll regret the Hard Kromes...if you decide to go with them. And...they come in 3". :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

that's what i'm running also - you won't be sorry :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drilled out the two center inline caps on the top pipe and the single on the lower pipe. It sounds alot nicer under power. Not much difference at idle. All you need is a 1 and 1/8 hole saw and a 12 in. extension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts