Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who's that guy?
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been working on my KZ550 for a while now over the colder months, and now that things are starting to liven up outside I am all to eager to hit the road! it burns!!!

I have been fighting myself to be sure I take my time and double/triple check everything I have done/replaced! thankfully Im 99% sure everything is going well, all thats left is for my gear, and highway pegs to come in, and finish painting my tank. deadline is this weekend, so work is going to drive me nuts till I can ride her in!

(deadline is set for me to be able to ride ~1hr to my friends place so I can be his licensed rider. he still has his learners and is taking the MSF coarse over the weekend up near my house!)

I hope there are others out there who have had the same feelings! crazy anxious, and slightly disappointed at the same time? wow. :lol:

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
I know anticipation all too well. It will be worth the wait I am sure.
When you get it ready do not forget to take a few pictures for us here. We like pics. :-D

·
Riding every day!
1,063 Posts
A lot of us who fix up old bikes know what you're feeling. I picked up a bike and thought I'd have it running in a few weeks, and it was running, but not safe to ride. Eventually it was ready, about 1 year later.

Once you are ready to hit the road, try to relax and think about what's going on around you. Don't be in a rush because there's plenty of riding time ahead of you.

Have fun!

·
Who's that guy?
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a blast last year! so at least I can say Im not totally green, but even so. I think once I get on and go, I will keep a level head, and break in my clutch and front brake properly.

this situation is only fixable with a new bike, but Im not shelling out $7k for a new kawasaki ER-6n!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts