Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was down at Road Rider and they had some Greggs Customs flush mounts in stock and on sale for my ride so I picked em up and installed them this afternoon.

Here's what the stockers looked like for those who don't know.

Taking off the the front fairing wasn't very hard at all although I did miss a few screws that were hidden underneath initially.

I think i could have left the lights in place as the turn signals unplug from the harness and can be removed individually but since I removed the headlights already I just took the whole piece to the workbench.

Splicing on the new signals.

Then this happened when I fed the signal through the hole in the fairing, It just kind of fell out.

But I have a tool for that!

I had heard that getting the fairing back on would be tough but it went pretty smooth overall, everything slipped back in and I didn't feel like I was forcing anything.

The finished result is a huge improvement!

Now if only my pipe and windscreen would get here.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Nicely done. Too bad the signal came apart, they didn't look that cheap, but oh well, like you said, you had the right tool to fix it. :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are not DOT I believe but they are bright. I had them on 2 of my bikes. That looks great man! Good job! Told you Greggs Customs...They are very well made...I should know they are our customer. HEHE.
Can you even find DOT aftermarket signals? Even the ones that are huge and stick out like the stock ones have a note on them saying their not DOT.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Can you even find DOT aftermarket signals? Even the ones that are huge and stick out like the stock ones have a note on them saying their not DOT.
there are plenty of DOT legal aftermarket lights.
I put a set of short stalk lights on my wifes zx6r.
My leds are the same size but are illegal.
The lights must shine forward but also have an amber reflector viewable from the side.
That why you will see some clear led short stalks with an amber tip.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sorry, some of my friends have aftermarket flush mounts and they just are not as visible as those big ugly stockers. That's the only reason I still have them on mine. Mind you the styling is so old on the 500 that anything newer would look out of place :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts