Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You got to love Florida. Today is November 24th and it was 64 degrees this morning for the ride to work. I just felt like hitting I-95 and heading south for the day but I got to work.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice . . In Austin today it was 55 but some rain possibly. Bike stayed home. Yesterday on the other hand was perfect.

I lived in Tampa for 10 years. Yes I love Florida. Hope to move back there some day. But for now TX been good to me.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Screw florida. And I say that out of complete and utter jealousy. :lol:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Been to Florida once. I didn't like it but I also was there on unpleasant business so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. A friend just got a job down in the keys somewhere...not much of a winter person so she was really happy.

But even in my old age I still prefer the mountain west and the beauty of the seasonal changes we have...including the snow and cold. The snow is about a foot deep now so we will be skiing by Thanksgiving! Been a while since that has happened.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys have some good riding terrain too, Florida is short on hills and twisties.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Isn't there alot of salt in the air causing your bike to rust away?
The salt isn't really an issue if you keep the bike clean and stay off of A1A and Tamiami to the west. Those rodes and anything along a coast line in FL do have a lot of salt film that sticks to the bike in under a minute. Most days one can see the salt fog in the air.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
You can't see it but I'm flipping you off right now.

;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Please get back to us next July, and tell us what it's like at night with no trade winds, 88 degrees, 90% humidity, and mosquitoes sucking you bone dry, while you dodge bufo toads and blue hairs with your motorcycle..

November is one of the better months climate wise in FL. There are only two thing I miss about living in FL, coming home from work and jumping in the pool, and grabbing the fishing tackle and getting into some great bass fishing 5 minutes away.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
rainy today, in south texas...riding weather all the rest of the week 70s day 60s night

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That and they have a whole bunch of old people ALL the time. Good folks that just don't speaka the english so you need another language. And then spring break comes along with a bunch of drunk frat boys and a bunch of really attractive college girls that STILL won't have anything to do with you. That doesn't get any easier on your ego just because you're 20 or 30 years too old and WAAAAAAAAYYYYY tooo pour to show up on their radar anyways.

I'm moving out to the middle of Kansas when I retire. That way I'll have plenty of big dark brown sympathetic eyes to stare into from time to time. 'You come here often?'
"Mooo (ever since I was born)"
'Yea, well at least your problems are almost over'
"Mooo (yea buddy, goin to Emporia next week. Oh and I don't know if you've had yours removed but I didn't appreciate it a bit)"
'As a matter of fact I did get married once.'
"Mooo (yeah? BITE ME!!)"
'In a couple of months, ok, thanks for the invite'

Come to think about it, Orange juice always gives me indegestion too.

Screw Florida!

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Been to Florida once. I didn't like it but I also was there on unpleasant business so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. A friend just got a job down in the keys somewhere...not much of a winter person so she was really happy.

But even in my old age I still prefer the mountain west and the beauty of the seasonal changes we have...including the snow and cold. The snow is about a foot deep now so we will be skiing by Thanksgiving! Been a while since that has happened.
I skied on Sunday...it was the best first day I've ever had. 6" of new pow on top of a good 24" base...SWEET!

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Dan20164, the heat and humidity isn't bad on the Atlantic coast, And yes it is difficult to avoid blue hair's and road toads but they aren't here in the summer anyway. Of course mosquito's can be bad and that is why we have screened in pools and porches. I will remember to let my friends know of your comments when they book their visits year round

·
Biker and Hiker
20 Posts
Hit the middle. Its going to be 50 today in New Mexico - slightly cool but still a good ride day. More importantly it was 23 last night (cold enough to keep most of those old codgers in Florida and south Texas and give us New Mexicans some space to ride once it warms up about 10:00. We've got space and we've got enough climatic variation to make it interesting. Ride safely, Tom

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Spent 6 months in the Panama City Beach area a few years back. Didn't leave anything there I'd go back for.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Of course mosquito's can be bad and that is why we have screened in pools and porches.
Never considered riding a motorcycle in a screened in porch..

Yes, the Atlantic costs of FL does get quite hot and humid during the summer evenings, when the trade winds taper off. Evening was the only time I would run my AC in the summer..

·
Registered
83 Posts
I vote this filthy thread gets deleted. Last week I would have been more than happy to get in on all the gloating but I think my riding season days are numbered.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts