Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your favorite ride this summer?

Mine was up through Prescott w/Aikita and 01ZX7R, what a beautiful day for a ride!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
On a weekday, without any RV's present, I'll bet the 89A would of been a great ride (at high speed).

For myself, it was the two trips to Leavenworth WA - even with the speeding ticket, it was still a great ride. In fact, I'll be doing it again next summer ('cept I need someone who'll ride lead - as cop bait).

Miki

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
My favorite ride was riding with my youngest son on the KZ550 through the Adironack mountains in New York on route 2 and 9. Its a great side route to go around Albany and get off the interstate. Lots of windys and bendys there....There is a beautiful stream with lots of places to pull over and have a picnic.

Scenery is great, especially this time of year.

Heather

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kyhick1 said:
My favorite ride was riding with my youngest son on the KZ550 through the Adironack mountains in New York on route 2 and 9. Its a great side route to go around Albany and get off the interstate. Lots of windys and bendys there....There is a beautiful stream with lots of places to pull over and have a picnic.

Scenery is great, especially this time of year.

Heather
Now that sounds nice and very beautiful!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just took a foliage ride in central NH - colors are peak right now - and while I've always enjoyed foliage rides they've have previously been in cars. Since this is my first season as a rider it was a completely new experience.

Now I'm watching the calendar and the weather and already sad that riding season is nearly over ... :cry:

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
dressmaker,

Sounds like a great ride. :D Season is almost over here too, but I do have winter riding gear and on clear days I plan on riding all I can....especially since gas is going up all over the place. Doesn't snow much here.

Everytime I am in my car and see bikes go by I get bike fever, doesn't matter when it is...next clear day I go riding on the local windies and bendies.

Heather

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heather:

Hat's off to you girl! Riding in the winter is too tough on me. It's not so much the gear, for me it's the fact that the roads are too cold, and so are my tires - which means there's not much high speed hijinx going on for me.

But, I'll admit it - after the winter days keep droning away, a sunny day will come, and I'll jump on my bike for about a 20 minute ride. Pretty pathetic, huh? I still dismount with a smile on my face, anticipating summer.

Miki
:D

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Miki,

When I was driving my Beemer and living in Silverdale, WA I rode all year round...no choice..only source of transportation. Somewhere I have a photo of the beemer with 6 inches of snow on the seat! :lol:

I don't have to do that anymore, but when bike fever strikes me..there is no hope :roll:

Heather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts