• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering everyone's opinions on the best super sport bike currently in production. Just the big boys!!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
It does give you bragging rights to the fastest accelerating production wheeled vehicle in the world.

BTW, I'm having a long drawn out "difference of opinion" with another member on another site and would like your opinion on engine break in. Specifically how would you describe " engine lugging" ?.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uncle Bob said:
It does give you bragging rights to the fastest accelerating production wheeled vehicle in the world.

BTW, I'm having a long drawn out "difference of opinion" with another member on another site and would like your opinion on engine break in. Specifically how would you describe " engine lugging" ?.
I'm not even sure what engine lugging is. I've yet to own a new bike. but on engine break in I say take it easy, play nice with the entire bike and make sure and do all the maintance.

Now I want to know what 'engine lugging' is.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
That's when you get two flat's at the same time and have to "lug" the bike home . :lol:

Well actually engine lugging at least according to Uncle Bob would be when you're in too high a gear for the engine speed (rpm's). For example you're slowing for a red light and then it changes to green but you haven't downshifted, releasing the clutch and giving it some throttle you realize you're in too high a gear because the engine doesn't respond normally, seems jerky, may ping or knock and seems as if it wants to stall. Geez that was a long and boring example, try this, you're taking off from a stop in third gear without letting the clutch slip enough to keep the rev's up.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uncle Bob said:
That's when you get two flat's at the same time and have to "lug" the bike home . :lol:

Well actually engine lugging at least according to Uncle Bob would be when you're in too high a gear for the engine speed (rpm's). For example you're slowing for a red light and then it changes to green but you haven't downshifted, releasing the clutch and giving it some throttle you realize you're in too high a gear because the engine doesn't respond normally, seems jerky, may ping or knock and seems as if it wants to stall. Geez that was a long and boring example, try this, you're taking off from a stop in third gear without letting the clutch slip enough to keep the rev's up.
ah, I know what that is, but I got rid of that problem with my upgrades, I have enough power to pretty much start off in 4th or 5th. Although I don't know why I'd ever do that.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-engine lugging-

I would describe it (now that I know what it is) as lag or bogging the engine down. Which is not really good for the engine. I use engine braking as part of slowing down.

One of the things the MSF course taught was to always make sure you were downshifted when you were coming to a stop.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
lugging

what difference of opinion could there be bob? that is exactly what lugging a engine is
running in too high a gear - what else would it be? :wink:

oh and i like 2 of the bikes posted above-guess which ones :twisted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gotta be said tho, ive ridden a GSXR1000 and they are a very scary bike. i hate to say it and im sure anyone who has ridden one will agree they are by far the fastest in the list, i mean i had 94mph in 1st gear and had trouble keeping the front wheel down when the power was on in every gear :shock:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Re: lugging

bikeaholic said:
what difference of opinion could there be bob? that is exactly what lugging a engine is
running in too high a gear - what else would it be? :wink:
Well that's what I thought and still do but I ended up in a big debate with somebody that really knew his stuff on another board about what lugging an engine is.

His definition was to give a lot of throttle while keeping the clutch at the friction point in order to increase gas pressure in the cylinders in order to seat the rings.

Of course lugging isn't in the dictionary and is open to interpretation. The vast majority of the planet use the same definition as you and I but it seems that there are some exceptions.

BTW have you seen Suzuki's new cruiser, so much for chrome.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hmm-that's a new one on me - never seated rings like that - learn something new everyday

never look at zuki's - don't like em'- never have - not a bad bike,just never liked their styling at all - and there's another example :?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Thing is Kawasaki and Suzuki are now partnered up for R&D and other stuff. Seen the new Suzuki Marauder 1600 ?

Yep it's a Meanstreak in not very good disguise.

I'm guessing that they'll be sharing more and more platforms and the lines will look more like Dodge's compared to Plymouth's rather than Chrysler compared to Chevy's. ( does the sentence make sense at all ? ).

·
Old, but wise
12 Posts
Super Sport Pick

freakinout, what about the ZZR1200 Kawasaki? Don't give me that "it's
a sport-touring bike" until you watch one smoke a CBR1100XX. Plus, if you left out the Busa on this list also, you should think again.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
kawasuki

actually i think the partnership deal is a good thing for both partys to bring their folks together
i just wish suki would hire some stylist-victory bikes have the right idea,they just got the ness's on their design team - look for some nice bikes coming from polaris :wink:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Super Sport Pick

ZZRGUY said:
freakinout, what about the ZZR1200 Kawasaki? Don't give me that "it's
a sport-touring bike" until you watch one smoke a CBR1100XX. Plus, if you left out the Busa on this list also, you should think again.
for both I was giving it a sport-touring title, I love the busa myself, but I already have the gixxer 1K and Ninja ZX-12R, I didn't think I needed to smack down on the honda boys any more than that.

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's a hard choice. I love the new ZX-10, but the new R-1 is pretty hot too (probably not the best thing to say on a Kawi site :) ). I can't wait until they hit the dealers so I can act like I am interested in buying and take them for a test spin!!!!! Where's the ZX7R??????

·
Registered
56 Posts
poll

If and when I decide to move up to a newer bike (or after I total this one if I am unlucky) I would get a Honda F4i... they are sweet and light enough for a little girl like me. Of you list though I think the GXR wins in my book. Though you are missing the Busa.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts