• Honda RC51

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I always think the busa is in a different class from the actual race bikes, although next time I will probably include it.

I think I would move into a 1200 kawa or a busa for my next one. f4i would be neat, just not enough of a jump for me. you never know, by the time I can afford another bike I might be old and want a cruiser. :shock:

your man on KP told me to give you hell, so I am going to have to do that at some point in time. :twisted:

· Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cale said:
In my opinion 1 litre bikes are too powerful. 180hp-too much for 99% of us. Even a 600R (they are 2.5 s 0-60mph) bike for beginners is like put a new driver in a F1 car.
most bikes have more potential than any rider ever uses. the ex500 is a heavily used race bike. I know I have yet to get my skills enough to scrap knees going 90 on it.

· Registered
1,803 Posts
They don't make a ZX7R anymore. In a straight line it would be up to the ZX12R and the busa. On a track I would put my bets on the ZX-10R and the YZF-R1.

· Registered
158 Posts
I'd pick the ZX-10R but I'm biased ;-) . As far as straight line acceleration, the 10 can deliver. A drag racer by the name of Norman Jackson has proven what a ZX-10R can deliver. He ran a bone stock engine ZX-10 with nothing but having the front end strapped down, gears, and I think a slip on with a power commander. Ran the 10 in the mid 9's at about 150 MPH in the quarter. I personally haven't ridden the other bikes listed. I don't think I ever will unless I end up buying one. Don't like to borrow other people's bikes as you never know what will happen. But the 10 is stout enough for me and I have no desire to squeeze out any more performance out of it.

· Registered
1,803 Posts
The ZX12R and Busa can do sub 10's and mid 9's bone stock. Lower the front, change out the sprockets and we're talking low 9's easy. I really don't think I would classify them as superbikes though. In my mind a superbike are the ones they race in the heavy weight races. The 12 and the busa are just too heavy and acward to race efficently on the track.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.