Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and looking for some info. I would like to replace my timing chain on my Z1-900 without a complete teardown. Is it feasable to use a connecting link (master link) in the timing chain? If so I could remove the tensioner and thread a new chain in. Does anyone know where I could get a connecting link for this chain? I believe the chain is a type 219 T or 219 HT. Any info I could get would be appreciated. This is a moderately modified street engine, 1050cc's with 10.5:1 wisecos, yoshi cams (.394/.394), Dyna Ign., 29mm smoothbores, Supertrapp 4-1, nicely ported head and stock gearing. Some tuning info would also be appreciated, ie. jet sizes, cam timing, ignition timing start points.

Thank you,
BstanZ1 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found Link

:D

Greg,

Thanks for the info PM. I'm already a little fatter on the jets (25 / 125), but I needed someplace to go on the Cam timing. I have found the master link ($3) and also the breaker/riveting tool ($35) on www.partsnmore.com. I haven't ordered it yet, but I will soon. If you're not familiar with them already I would take a look, they've got some hard to find stuff a decent prices. I'll post the results when I receive the order.

Thanks,
BstanZ1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts