Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day eveyone, I have just joined this forum and hope there are a few knowledgeable people out there that can assist me. I ahve a 1978 Z1-R mainly stock except for the colour (which I would like to change some day) . But I am wondering if there is any way to brighten the headlight. I ahd been told it was teh resever lighting unit. but I have chaged it a few time with other used ones and get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Have you tried a higher Wattage bulb? I think stock it came with a 55/60 Low/High beam. Try going up in Wattage and see how it looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will try that...but I have also had some indication might be the reserve lighting unit or regulator or ????
Appreciate the suggest thought.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
The reserve system should not control how dim the headlight is. It's designed to turn on the headlight after engine start and change from one beam to the other if the low beam burned out, the high beam would come on at lower voltage so as not to blind oncoming drivers.

I'd go through the fuse clips removing any corrosion from the headlight circuit(might as well do them all) and the high/low beam switch in the left switch pod assy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts