Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Z1 there are 3 rubber grommets on each side to hold the side covers on. does anyone have any idea where I can get replacements?
I have checked all the websites I know of, dennis kirk, partsnmore, and a few others.

Is this something I might me able to pick up at a hardware store or something?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There was a guy on ebay selling grommet kits for vintage bikes. Check there.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

and check your local rubber/ hose supply house-they generally carry
grommets and orings and such :wink:

·
Registered
605 Posts
guess what you can buy in the electrical department...grommets

Guess what you can buy in the hardware aisle....grommets

I went to lowes, eagle, true value, none of them had the ones I wanted until I got to Ace Hardware, the EXACT same ones, the best 3 bucks I ever spent

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I can't beleave I hadn't thought to check ebay, and wow are there a lot af parts available! I can feel my paycheck disapearing already.

I hadn't even thought to look at a hardware store until I was in the middle of typing my last post, I'll have to swing my ACE before I bid on any at ebay.

·
Registered
605 Posts
yeah considering I replaced all of mine for less than the cost of shipping

·
Registered
605 Posts
now, that alone was worth joining the forum wasn't it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sweet! I'm going to swing by Ace for sure! I saw some at Lowe's the other day, but they were the wrong size. I was also going to check Autozone, Kragen, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I stopped by my local Ace and unfortunately did not find the size grommets I needed...the search continues.

Actually I will probably end up buying the NOS part somewhere.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would still try the dealer. Im afraid of losing one of those covers, to me it was worth the couple bucks, the dealer had it in less than 5 days....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speaking of losing covers...my father's KZ1000 lost one once due to bad grommets. We found the cover, but unfortunately it took some bad scratches. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts