Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to purchase the Zedder software for comparing part interchangeability, but it's only available for pc's. Does anyone know if thee is an equivalent program for macintosh's?

If anyone knows off-hand, right now I'm specifically looking into whether the carbs, cams and head from a 83-85 gpz750 will fit on my 1980 kz750-4.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not specifically for Mac's...but if your Mac is new, and you have the appropriate software, PC based programs will work...depends on how you have the Mac configured. However, the answer to your question doesn't lie with Zedder Enterprises as what that info does is conpare parts and which parts interchange based on Kawasaki substitutions...not necessarily which parts might fit. For example, several different fenders might fit your bike, but the program won't show that, only those parts which are exact equivalents (or mid-production substitutions).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've checked Kawasaki.com, and they provide the part numbers, but they don't provide, as far as I can tell, any spec information that would tell me what parts would be direct fit ups with other model bikes. Is there somewhere on the site I'm not seeing that does that?

·
Obsessed by Z1's
520 Posts
I've checked Kawasaki.com, and they provide the part numbers, but they don't provide, as far as I can tell, any spec information that would tell me what parts would be direct fit ups with other model bikes. Is there somewhere on the site I'm not seeing that does that?
When you view the parts diagrams, there's a parts list. Click on a part, then click the ? in a circle - it gives the models it fits. You'll also see an S (for supercession) on some - clicking on that shows predecessor/successor parts.

You'll also see whether it's still avaialble or not.

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
It's a yellow circle with a question mark in it.

As to your reason for wanting the software (to see if head/cams/carbs will fit), neither the software nor kawasaki.com will answer those questions. All will interchange but they are not identical, so they have different part numbers.
That's where experience counts :)

Edit:

I just went to kawasaki.com parts diagrams and looked up the part number for a 1980 KZ750E cylinder head. According to kawasaki.com only the following models used the same head.
(copy and paste from kawasaki.com)

KZ750-E1 (1980)
KZ750-E2 (1981)
KZ750-E3 (1982)

But anyone with experience can tell you that any Kawasaki air cooled 750 four head will bolt on, there are just detail differences (black vs natural aluminum, fins shaped different, no tach drive, etc).

You can go to kawasaki.com and get the part numbers, then call Jeff at Z1 Enterprises and he'll order the parts for you (free plug for Z1).
Or you can go to Ron Ayers (or the aptly named Bike Bandit) and order OEM parts online.

I really ought to check into the people that own this site and see how their prices and service are.

Beartooth Kawasaki appears to be the site owner.

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
The 650 and 750 fours are pretty much the same except the 750 has a larger bore size than the 650 naturally. There would be no problem using the gpz parts on your bike but you will lose the tack drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.