Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello bikers,
I have this '93 zephyr 1100 A1-A2 model with original exhaust. The internal components are giving way. I am looking for a good condition used mufflers. My idea is to maintain the original look of the bike with standard mufflers. Or maybe, if anyone out there can customize the mufflers to the original design complete with the end cap.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hello and welcome kusumu!
Start here (if you haven't already):
The Zephyr-Zone - Index
These folks are the best source for Zephyr info!
Good luck on finding pipes-I'll bet it's not going to be easy. I had a '90 model 550 that I hade to replace the stock exhaust on and wound up with a Yoshimura. I wish I had would have got the chromed headers, but the muffler was great looking! (IMO of course)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, bro.
When I got the bike the inside rod & cover gave way from the body of the muffler. Got it welded up but don't know how long will it last. Worst case scenario, work extra hard $$$ for the mufflers. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi !
Just want to check with you. I am new to kawasaki bikes especially with zephyr. Before this I had a suzuki GSX1100E more than 10 years ago (the passion was still there). Not riding for more than 10 years, and getting back into gear again, I've lost some of those knowledge of the big bikes. I have a question for you on the Zephyr 1100. Is it normal for the bike to emit heat from engine while riding even can feel it between legs? ( sounds stupid, Cos i can't remember the old suzuki gsx1100, how it was, its been a long time, bro).

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
The chances are slim to none that he'll see this topic. That was his only post & it's 3 years old.
That Zephyr-Zone link above doesn't seem to work, but if you do an internet search for Zephyr forum, you can get there that way. Maybe ask or check the classifieds there. Man, I'd love to have a ZR1100. The one in the pic was listed on ebbaayy a few years back...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts