Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, I have a 1993 ZR 1100. Nice bike and the price was right, but I have a few problems. The tach was wiped off in a crash. The meter case is broken as well as the inner case. I priced all the parts from Bike Bandit, and it comes up to over 615.00. A bit much since I onley paid 2200.00 for the bike. So far nothing has come up on the used part market. I thought maybe I could use the instrument package from a newer ZRX.

Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if a newer gauge would work. I suppose that it would depend on how it was driven (cable or coil pickup).

Have you given eBay motors a good run through using various keywords? Usually just about everything for everything is there if you have a little patience and persistance.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Murnie welcome to the forum. If you can't make a used or different part work try calling Lauri at 1-800-556-3098 Beartooth Kawasaki and see with the discount if pricing a new one may work for you. 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gage Swaps

I have updated the gages to newer instrument panels on 3 older Kaws (pre-1980 Z1's & H2's). It was basically simple but you must know how to trace circuits with an ohm-meter because some of the wires will not match the color coding. Coil operated tachs will work fine as replacements for cable operated units (as long as same number of cylinders) Fuel level and temp sensors might have to be looked into on some models but my early ones didn't have them anyway.

BstanZ1 :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
My New Old Kawasaki

I've got a 93 kawi zr 1100 and it's missing the passenger grab handle that mounts to the back fender. Does any one know where I could find one? Don't really want to pay the 230.00 to My local dealer but it sure would make the bike look better. I've only had it for a couple of days but its one heck of a ride for a 93. It's onl got 13000 miles and seems to be in great shape as far as the body and paint go. I've had a lot of fun riding it but not much luck finding accesories designed for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts