Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 kawasaki zr550. Once I fire it up everything is normal. Once I drive it a bit, things start getting a little funky. The RPM's start dropping off when I'm sitting at a light and I'll have to give it gas. When I ride it starts sputtering and getting really chunky. But when I'm gunning it everything seems alright, seems like less power though. That's the best I can describe it... Any help would be stellar.

Cheers,
:hohoho:
Jason

·
Registered
522 Posts
Easiest would be to put a new set of plugs in and check all leads and caps are connected tight. Check condition of airbox-rubbers and inlet manifold rubbers too.

If this don't help i'd get your valve-clearances checked m8.

While you're at the servicing check carb cleanliness and settings or if not able run some carb cleaner through in a couple of tanks of petrol.

Keep us informed :smile:

PS Check brakes aren't getting hot when the trouble starts ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great thanks, now that I think of it my manifold nut was loose for about 100 miles and I had a pretty severe exhaust leak out of the 3rd cyl. I've heard that could foul plugs so I'll change the plugs and see if that helps!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put in new plugs and drove a few miles, seems to be working just fine!! Thank god...

Thanks for the advice Green.

Now I'm leaking oil from somewhere!! Always a new problem :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts