Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A ZRX 1200 NEW, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT ON THE NEW KAW THAT I COULD USE? I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS BIKE BUT I AM WONDERING IF THERE WILL BE ANY DRAW BACKS IF I BUY THIS BIKE. THANKS KAW.[/b]

·
Registered
23 Posts
I LOVE MY BIKE!!! :)

I am the proud owner of an '02 ZRX1200, and I have been nothing but pleased with the bike since the day I bought it. The Rex is just such a great all-around bike . It handles stop and go traffic with ease and has great ergonomics for highway cruising. The power and torque are awesome too.

In all honesty, you do not need to mod this bike... it performs great right off the showroom floor. But if you do decide to mod, there are tons of ways to contribute to the mod sickness.

The ONLY thing I do not like about my Rex is the oil filter. Its location makes it very awkward to remove with a stock exhaust. There is very little clearance to remove it, and you will probably get oil on the headers. The oil filter is also a paper element. In this instance, if the bike had a spin-on filter, changing the oil would be alot easier. This problem is a none-issue now since I have an aftermarket full exhaust system.

For more information, visit www.zrxoa.com . It is a great site with vast amounts of information and the members there are very friendly.

You will not regret buying the Rex.

Good luck,
Jason

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
YOU WILL NOT REGRET EVER BUYING THIS BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!! www.zrxoa.org to be exact. you will NOT find a better bunch of guys (this place runs a really close second) :wink: :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZRX 1200........THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT

Southbound35 said:
I LOVE MY BIKE!!! :)

I am the proud owner of an '02 ZRX1200, and I have been nothing but pleased with the bike since the day I bought it. The Rex is just such a great all-around bike . It handles stop and go traffic with ease and has great ergonomics for highway cruising. The power and torque are awesome too.

In all honesty, you do not need to mod this bike... it performs great right off the showroom floor. But if you do decide to mod, there are tons of ways to contribute to the mod sickness.

The ONLY thing I do not like about my Rex is the oil filter. Its location makes it very awkward to remove with a stock exhaust. There is very little clearance to remove it, and you will probably get oil on the headers. The oil filter is also a paper element. In this instance, if the bike had a spin-on filter, changing the oil would be alot easier. This problem is a none-issue now since I have an aftermarket full exhaust system.

For more information, visit www.zrxoa.com . It is a great site with vast amounts of information and the members there are very friendly.

You will not regret buying the Rex.

Good luck,
Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZRX---1200 Response

Thanks for your help and info on (REX) the ZRX-1200.....I really appreciate it.....Let the good times roll...........KAW

·
Registered
302 Posts
oooo I love the ZRX series. It reminds me of my GPz so much, and that is my fav bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time ZRX owner. Just got my bike yesterday. Im a big fan of this design. I used to drag race a Z1 900 and im from the old GPZ series days. I love the retro design of this bike. Very impressed with the performance of the bike. BUT as a drag racer im gonna get caught up in the ITS GOTTA GO FASTER trap i think. Good luck if you purchase this bike. Ive read alot of good reviews for it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've heard of a ZRX performance website that sells oversized pistons and if you follow their guide with their parts you can get about 165 hp at some 9K ish rpm range.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
nathan600r said:
I've heard of a ZRX performance website that sells oversized pistons and if you follow their guide with their parts you can get about 165 hp at some 9K ish rpm range.
yea its called a MUZZY BIG BORE KIT :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
No it was someone else's but I can't remember the name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one, my first bike too-boot. It is a blast, plenty of low end torque, I have done some serious mods. But if you really ant to find out about the rex, go here www.zrxoa.com. There are almost 5000 hooligans on there and every question has been answerd atleast twice, with sarcasim aswell. A great bike. Can keep up with just about anything. :lol:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
just go over to www.zrxoa.org NOT .com and you will find enough stuff to keep you busy spending money for the rest of your life. as you can see im a bit biased in my optins.

<------------ avatar

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just checked out your link to zrxoa. I used to run a Z1000R1 Eddie Lawson replica back in the early '90's it was my first big kawasaki 4cyl 4 stroke, & was a total sledgehammer & was the best looking bike on the road back then - apart from a Z1100R (or Z1300 maybe) Mickey Roake rode one in the film rumblefish. The kawi ZRX is streets ahead of the Honda/Suzi/Yam compe***ion & just ouzes heritage!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Drawbacks? Only that it's big and powerful, which is only a drawback because you'll be eating through the rear tires and chains/sprockets more quickly than a lighter & less powerful bike. Never ridden my friends, but I helped him with valve adjustment. He likes it, but admits that it's a tire-eater.
It's kind of the muscle-car of motorcycles, like a Dodge Charger or '70's Corvette. Many smaller bikes are faster and get better mileage, but the Z-Rex has its solid charm. It's also certainly cheaper to insure than a ZX10R, and maybe even than a ZX6R.
Good luck and let us know when you get the bike.
-CCinC

·
Registered
13 Posts
KAW 900 said:
I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A ZRX 1200 NEW, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT ON THE NEW KAW THAT I COULD USE? I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS BIKE BUT I AM WONDERING IF THERE WILL BE ANY DRAW BACKS IF I BUY THIS BIKE. THANKS KAW.[/b]
No draw backs from me. I'm on my 2nd one. This one is speedier than the first and I love it. A man's bike...Big, fast and lots of torque.

·
Registered
136 Posts
great bike

and in most cases good web site,however the admins at zrxoa ,the orgional ones have past the torch to an single person, who suffers from HITLER COMPLEX
have an different view than his, watch out he will delete you in an heart beat, and then it gets worse, after your gone, if anybody asked about ya they get the hush or else pm, i know first hand, no first admendment there
free speech dont exsist there, either believe and talk like them or he dumps you and then blocks your reregistering, the other previous admins have retired and this last one well in my book he is a megalomanic

my .02 worth

silly hillbilly

1 - 20 of 25 Posts