Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 GPz750 sans fairing, and I like the llook of the ZRX fairing It's also easier to find than an '82 GPz fairing, which would be my other choice. The main question I have is about the headlights: Are they the same size? I'd like to use my headlight in a ZRX cowl fairing.

Anyone got any experience with this? Thanks!

KB in CO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! When I get to buying a windshield, I'll remember them for sure. But for now, let me clarify the post...

I am looking ONLY for information regarding the FITMENT of a ZRX cowl fairing to an 84 GPz750. SPECIFICALLY, I need to know whether or not the headlights are the same. Other fitment information for this application is appreciated as well

Thanks for your effots, but I am not looking for part-sourcing information at this time.

·
Registered
437 Posts
ELR was just saying that Maier make a fairing like you want that works (or used to).

I do have a Gpz like yours, and I am pretty sure the headlight will be the same: it is a standard size. Problem is that you need the attaching points to the new fairing, and that will be custom.

I'd do like what was said before, buy the whole setup as one piece from a ZRX, then spend the time modifying the fairing mount.

I like the idea, and have thought of it too. I have 2 fairings and mounts (note: the Turbo version fairing frame is different from the standard one) that I have to decide to use first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts