Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 03 ZRX1200 and want to do some upgrades and mods, any suggestions? I already have a 8inch arm for it and I'm ordering clipons for a sportier look. But I really need HP. I haven't even riden the bike yet so I might be in for a treat. I thought I would drop a tooth on the front to start with and invest in exhaust but after that I don't know, TALK TO ME! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
mods for ZRX

The only engine mods you need are a pipe and jet kit (K&N Stage 2) for handling you really need a steering damper, but they are expensive. at this time Muzzy and Hyperpro are the only ones I know that offer them. The Muzzy goes for almost $500.00 and the Hyperpro is only a little cheaper.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you already got the arm and are going to have to put a different chain on it anyway, I would suggest going up 3 or 4 teeth in the back rather than down in the front. It is MUCH stronger and puts a LOT less strain on the chain. I would put a full exhaust on it first and then ride it and figure out any other mods then! Congrats on your new toy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 01 1200R. I put a Muzzys full system on it, stainless pipes and a titanium end can. Not only did it shave off 20 or so pounds, but gave the bike a "freer" feeling and an aggressive exhaust tone.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
just go over to www.zrxoa.org NOT .com :wink: and you will find enough stuff to keep you busy spending money for the rest of your life. as you can see im a bit biased in my optins.

<------------ avatar 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
dmcinerney said:
I have an 01 1200R. I put a Muzzys full system on it, stainless pipes and a titanium end can. Not only did it shave off 20 or so pounds, but gave the bike a "freer" feeling and an aggressive exhaust tone.
I did the same thing but went with the stainless oval and factory pro jets and the difference is night and day!! :grin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only engine mods you need are a pipe and jet kit (K&N Stage 2) for handling you really need a steering damper, but they are expensive. at this time Muzzy and Hyperpro are the only ones I know that offer them. The Muzzy goes for almost $500.00 and the Hyperpro is only a little cheaper.:D
cmikimoto's mount over at zrxoa goes for $150 and mounts a stock GSXR damper.

You could literally go broke on mods and still want more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts