Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Master of motor meltdown!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my turbo build and tuning about 3 weeks ago. Took it to the dyno and pulled 207hp/106ft lbs w/8psi.

I straight way went to the local track and found I had my hands full trying to keep the front tire in a direction other than up. Well last week I fixed that with a Trac 10" swingarm and added an air shifter and a 2 step. I am now ready to go back to the track and get into some low 9's maybe some high 8's. But before I go I relized I needed somethig else.......O yea........

a tire! Got it....now Im ready.

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are the engine specs? What kind of turbo are you running?
Bone stock internals. Not even the cams degree'd. Im using a T3 with a .48 exhaust A/R. Everything made at home in the garage. Going to the track, for the first time after the swingarm install ,on the 6th.Hopefully Ill get low 9's out of it. Ill post somethin after I get back from the track.

·
MGuyver/Dinorider
332 Posts
Bone stock internals. Not even the cams degree'd. Im using a T3 with a .48 exhaust A/R. Everything made at home in the garage. Going to the track, for the first time after the swingarm install ,on the 6th.Hopefully Ill get low 9's out of it. Ill post somethin after I get back from the track.
thats the same turbo Im running made everything at home. so you didnt lower compression ratio? My engine is tore down on the bench right now replacing/upgrading the starter clutch. plan on using the 1000 rx rods as they are 1.5mm shorter than my 9's to lower compression to run 15 to 20 lbs boost

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats the same turbo Im running made everything at home. so you didnt lower compression ratio? My engine is tore down on the bench right now replacing/upgrading the starter clutch. plan on using the 1000 rx rods as they are 1.5mm shorter than my 9's to lower compression to run 15 to 20 lbs boost
No I havent lowered the compression. The motor has not been apart at all. I will go through it at a later date so I can run 12-14 psi. But for now I have a nother project I need to get going so It will stay like it is for awhile.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,204 Posts
ask RZ350 from the board... he used his bike as the R & D bike for his turbo kits.... think it went 115k before he actually had to tear it down and replace pistons...... i think he runs 12+psi for everyday riding and has bumped it to 20psi to play a few times.... 200+hp if i remember right....

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ask RZ350 from the board... he used his bike as the R & D bike for his turbo kits.... think it went 115k before he actually had to tear it down and replace pistons...... i think he runs 12+psi for everyday riding and has bumped it to 20psi to play a few times.... 200+hp if i remember right....
Im going to leave it at 8psi till I get some forged pistons in it and some other things done to the bottom end. And thats going to be awhile because I have several projects to do before I get to it. I wasnt supposed to do what I did to it but couldnt resist. I tried to control myself...but I escaped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.