Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 04 zx-10r. For some reason I let my roommate drive it (he's driven other bikes) and he slipped the clutch at a stop light. The bike looked like a green bottle rocket and slid about 50ft. There doesn't seem to be major dmg thanks to the slide protector. However a cap right next to what seems to be the engine casing broke and all the oil poured out. And the upper, front right panel has a bad scratch. It looks like a little piece but could anyone help me figure out what parts I need to replace (the name of them). I've attached the picture to the 2 parts I cannot find online. Thanks so much guys.

Is it possible the pulsing cover? I found an OEM one but it looks a little different; eBay Motors: KAWASAKI ZX10 ZX10R ZX 10R NEW OEM PULSING COVER 04-05 (item 150194466027 end time Dec-18-07 12:00:23 PST)

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Tell your roommate he's a retard and he has to deal with finding you the parts. I wouldn't waste my time trying to find the parts he wrecked...

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
+1

Your roommate should have undertaken all necessary actions to get your bike fixed back to original shape as a responsible person.
The fact that he didn't, speaks volumes about his character.

1. Take it to a repair shop and have it fixed properly.

2. Make your roommate come with you to pay the bill when you pick it up.

3. Don't ever let him near your bike again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the reason we aren't taking it to a repair shop is that dmg is more or less cosmetic. The engine turned right off, so it wasn't running with no oil and the frame slider helped a ton. The dmg isn't that bad, but I just want to make sure that "part A" is the pulsing cover.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i was lookin around im pretty sure thats what it is... at first i thought you were referring to the clutch cover but yea, the part to the right of that is the pulsing cover... which i have no idea what it does

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
14091B COVER,PULSING
14091-0303 1 $47.45

its the pulsar cover and an easy fix.

p.s. dont let your buds ride your 150+hp bike EVER :shock:

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Tell your roommate he's a retard and he has to deal with finding you the parts. I wouldn't waste my time trying to find the parts he wrecked...
+1 That guy was a dope...Secondly...Never let anyone ride your bike unless you know they will be responsible with it. Third, I know Chaplin is good...I have dealt with them 3 times for parts. Fourth, your boy owes you some money.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
maybe we should ask Ervin and Stefano?
No argument there...Any 1000k bike is dangerous...To put it in the hands of an idiot is even worse.

Threadjack....

Zed I put the Pirellies on 120/70 and 190/50 in the rear...Night and day!!! It has a much more natural lean compared to the 190/55. If you are considering tire sizes, try the 190/50 if you already haven't...BTW, it was the tires...These tires just make riding the bike that much safer.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
May be its just me being paranoid but I would have been very cautious about letting a friend ride.

Actually, I run the scenario in my head a lot:

Friend/Acquiantance/Coworker: Can I ride your bike? I know how to ride. I rode a (pedal) bike before.

Me/Myself/I: Have you taken an MSF course? Show me your MSF card? Do you have a Class M designation on your license?

I mean if it was (is) my first bike and so far only motorcycle. C'mon!!

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
May be its just me being paranoid but I would have been very cautious about letting a friend ride.

Actually, I run the scenario in my head a lot:

Friend/Acquiantance/Coworker: Can I ride your bike? I know how to ride. I rode a (pedal) bike before.

Me/Myself/I: Have you taken an MSF course? Show me your MSF card? Do you have a Class M designation on your license?

I mean if it was (is) my first bike and so far only motorcycle. C'mon!!
No one rides my bike except my mechanic...NO one...I have let 2 friends ride my 636 and 600R around the block but never my 10R...No one will ever ride that bike. That bike is a notorious beast to give to the hands of any rider.

Yeah most people would have seen that coming a bajillion miles away. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
No argument there...Any 1000k bike is dangerous...To put it in the hands of an idiot is even worse.

Threadjack....

Zed I put the Pirellies on 120/70 and 190/50 in the rear...Night and day!!! It has a much more natural lean compared to the 190/55. If you are considering tire sizes, try the 190/50 if you already haven't...BTW, it was the tires...These tires just make riding the bike that much safer.
you did catch the sarcasm. :D

I pretty much go for the tire that I get the most mileage out of, the winner so far is the shinko Raven. I took it off the bike and put some different tires to go to the track at (Hallett and Topeka) but it had 8K miles on it and will probably go a couple K more. I did do one track day on that tire and too many to count dragstrip nights in that 8K. I'll keep that in mind for my next track tire though.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
No one rides my bike except my mechanic...NO one...I have let 2 friends ride my 636 and 600R around the block but never my 10R...No one will ever ride that bike. That bike is a notorious beast to give to the hands of any rider.

Yeah most people would have seen that coming a bajillion miles away. Lesson learned.
I have let two close friends (that could repair or replace if needed) and one mechanic ride my bike (to confirm my diagnoses). no others will get the key.

while in FL. a guy I worked with (who as far as I knew had no experience with motorcycles) wanted to ride my 11. I tossed him the key, told him if he could get it to start he could ride it. he or anyone else knew that I had it rigged so you had to have a jumper and the key to start. you should have seen the looks of some of the other employees when I tossed him the key. LOL I had the last laugh though when he couldn't get it to start. LOL

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
you did catch the sarcasm. :D

I pretty much go for the tire that I get the most mileage out of, the winner so far is the shinko Raven. I took it off the bike and put some different tires to go to the track at (Hallett and Topeka) but it had 8K miles on it and will probably go a couple K more. I did do one track day on that tire and too many to count dragstrip nights in that 8K. I'll keep that in mind for my next track tire though.
HAHAHA,,,Yeah the size of the tire is more important...I could not believe the difference in handling...Seemed more planted. However, I also know that is the shape and design of the tire.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
I have let two close friends (that could repair or replace if needed) and one mechanic ride my bike (to confirm my diagnoses). no others will get the key.

while in FL. a guy I worked with (who as far as I knew had no experience with motorcycles) wanted to ride my 11. I tossed him the key, told him if he could get it to start he could ride it. he or anyone else knew that I had it rigged so you had to have a jumper and the key to start. you should have seen the looks of some of the other employees when I tossed him the key. LOL I had the last laugh though when he couldn't get it to start. LOL

HAHA.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Your ZX-10 "wreaked"? Maybe you should try dousing it with some deodorant before putting it to work. Right under the front fairing where the front forks are will hit the spot :biggrin:

Just kidding man, real sorry to hear about your predicament and I hope you've learned your lesson - don't let ANYONE ride your bike. That is the rule of thumb... with me anyway. Only time someone asked me to ride my bike, he was offering a switch and he rides a Ducati Monster SR2 - which costs considerably more than my bike. I refused because I didn't want the responsibility of riding his bike!!!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Only person to ever ride my bike was a mechanic. They did a job on the bike and he took it for a spin round the block to make sure everything was in working order. The memory still pains me to this day... I would have liked to see the look on my face when the guy jumped on my bike and told me he was going to take it round the block :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts