Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Which Brembo M/C (size) did you use? How does it compare? I've been looking at improving the brake system on the 10 for a while but have not figured out what's the best bang for the buck. I have SS lines already but not happy with the lever travel needed to engage the front brakes. Some say, replace with ZX14 Nissin 4-pot calipers and ZX14 M/C. Others say go the Brembo M/C way.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which Brembo M/C (size) did you use? How does it compare? I've been looking at improving the brake system on the 10 for a while but have not figured out what's the best bang for the buck. I have SS lines already but not happy with the lever travel needed to engage the front brakes. Some say, replace with ZX14 Nissin 4-pot calipers and ZX14 M/C. Others say go the Brembo M/C way.
I got the Brmbo 19x20 Billet...Compared to the stockers, they stop quick!!!!!!! It is a such a huge difference. from 1-10 it is a 9!!!! I suggest changing it out. The SS lines you have will only make the Brembos brake that much more. The FrenTubo rear SS lines I have made rear braking better as well...When I first got my 10R I was shocked at how crappy the MC was...Then when I switched it out, I became a believer in regards to what many have said about swapping them out...The Brembos come pretty recommended and know two other 10R riders who have them in my area. However, bang for the buck, you probably can get a Zx14 MC from Ebay for cheap...All I know is these Brembos are the bomb!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I got the Brmbo 19x20 Billet...Compared to the stockers, they stop quick!!!!!!! It is a such a huge difference. from 1-10 it is a 9!!!! I suggest changing it out. The SS lines you have will only make the Brembos brake that much more. The FrenTubo rear SS lines I have made rear braking better as well...When I first got my 10R I was shocked at how crappy the MC was...Then when I switched it out, I became a believer in regards to what many have said about swapping them out...The Brembos come pretty recommended and know two other 10R riders who have them in my area. However, bang for the buck, you probably can get a Zx14 MC from Ebay for cheap...All I know is these Brembos are the bomb!
Thanks I need to look into that. Probably about same cost as the ZX14 route because it's not just the MC that is needed, the calipers too. I've heard people picking it up on eBay for $150 but all I've found is in the $350 range which I guess is about the cost of the Brembo MC?

The stock suspension is working good for me after I finally got it set right and I'm more of a "silent cans" guy so I'll leave the stockers on there. My next purchase will be an XT Lap timer.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buddy Erv,

You forgot one of your items you upgraded, it is in the pics, come on, what did you forget? Nice job, I am going to work on brakes and suspension next.

Tim
R&G Frame, fork, spool sliders? R&G Tail Tidy? Grips? Tank Pad? Rim Tape and decals? Front end lowered half and inch? Windshield? What!!! :biggrin: It is killing me HAHAHA. Yes, I feel as if the suspension is a bit soft and jumpy. I will definitely be doing the Ohlins rear and the front I will get redone by LE Engineering. Doing the Brembo and brake lines were the best upgrade so far. The rearsets are nice as well...I took my time getting them adjusted for myself.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks I need to look into that. Probably about same cost as the ZX14 route because it's not just the MC that is needed, the calipers too. I've heard people picking it up on eBay for $150 but all I've found is in the $350 range which I guess is about the cost of the Brembo MC?

The stock suspension is working good for me after I finally got it set right and I'm more of a "silent cans" guy so I'll leave the stockers on there. My next purchase will be an XT Lap timer.
Yes, the Brembo MC is about that price...The calipers are supposed to be good on our bikes just the MC was stupid. Yeah the suspension is funny for me...Seems soft and jumpy. My 636 was sorta stiffly sprung and I liked it a lot. But I want it tuned for my weight and riding style not just a "general" setting. I can't wait to put the Pirellis on...This is the one upgrade that I am excited about.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
nice ride...

Love the BLACK, got my 14 in black

have to get my ZX-10R in Kawi Green!!! Coming soon to a garage near you...

Adding to the stable next year with the 2008 ZX-10R

Looking forwards to tracking your lessons and suspension upgrades!!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Ervins i am curious as to your front brake lines..

Are the Banjo Bolts/Fittings Steel or Anodises Alloy ???

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lookin pretty good ervins, I saw a black zx10r on the floor while i was getting my puncture fixed, and they only look better in person. Congrats.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey Erv,

I forgot about all "those" mods, I noticed your grips. I am waiting on a set of pro grips. I also want to find better bar ends, I can feel the vibration with the stockers what I determine is "too much" vibration. Any suggestions?

Tim

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
I still say the best and most important mod is the Galactic Empire Insignia. :tongue:

I'm liking this bike almost as much as the Tomato, nice job so far.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
I still say the best and most important mod is the Galactic Empire Insignia. :tongue:
I was thinking that the flags and his name on the bike was cool.

Tim;

Tina knows the name of a grip cover that is really nice. I put them on a busa for a guy at work. I'll ask her what the name is.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts