Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just got a 1995 ZX-6 E about 2 months ago, running great until this past week. It started stalling due to a bad battery...I finally got my battery properly charge. I go to start it and it wouldnt go...I checked the obvious things...I noticed the the NEUTRAL LIGHT will not go on anymore in Neutral.....I think this is whats wrong with..it just wanted to make sure B4 bringing it to a shop. It wont crank until u put a screw driver in between the terminals on the starter solenoid as well....otherwise u wont get it to make that cranking noise...it will crank but not turn on...any help with be great thanks

Anthony

BTW NEWB HERE..SITE LOOKS GREAT! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pull the cluster and replace neutral light, i don't know if 95's do it or not but some bikes have a kill switch if bike isn't in neutral and the switch runs all thru the wireing thru the light n everything, if lights out it wont work..

·
Registered
17 Posts
it has the kill switch for sure! mine is a '92 and has it. I think it should start if you take it of the stand and pull the clutch lever (that's if I remember right).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i replaced the bulb no good still not starting...yeah i tried starting with kick stand up, and clutch in...and nothing yet...any one else no anything...btw thanks for the replys. :shock:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lately I've had trouble starting my bike. It's a new Vulcan 500 (2 months old). Hit the starter and the lights just go out (oil, temp, and neutral). Put the kick stand up and down and they come back on. Repeat for a while and eventually the bike starts and runs fine. I'm thinking it is the switch that shuts off the engine when you shift into gear with the kick stand down. Any other ideas?

I'll take it in next week (their full up this week) and have the dealer look at it since it is under warranty, but I'd like to fix it sooner if I can easily.

Fatcat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts