Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that many zx14 owners were removing the second butterfly valves but wondered if anyone here has done it on a zx10r? Mine is an 05 and looking for some cheap mods for improvements. I did a search but wasn't overly successful in here. Anyone got any info?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
No idea, I haven't removed the secondaries on the ZX14 but I did remove them on my olf Vulcan 2000 and noticed a more crisp throttle repsonse. The ZX14, well for me anyways, is "crisp" enough as it is.

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm.. I heard many who did got very good gains on the 14 and still did on the 10r but not as much. And its completely free! though some mentioned I'd need a power commander and have it mapped.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
From everything I've read...there's no point to removing the 'flies' on the 08 and newer ZX-14's. The 06-07s (like mine) have a bit softer bottom end...pulling the flies tends to help that (so I'm told...as I haven't removed them).

If you haven't found much on that type of mod...you either aren't looking in the right place (a more specific forum to 10rs might be better)...or owners haven't found much improvement from doing so.

Is the bottom end soft on the thing?

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the low end on mine feels mean :D but I was looking to get some better mid range power out of it. I'm getting to finally ride the thing a bit better now since the weather is getting warmer out. Wasn't so fun in the 40s and 30s but I got it roughly 3 weeks ago and lovin it. And I like asking here because I seem to get very good feedback. I found the thread at home so just found a new one at work today and with the butterfly removals and full Arata system dude pushed out 157HP to the rear wheel.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
the low end on mine feels mean :D but I was looking to get some better mid range power out of it. I'm getting to finally ride the thing a bit better now since the weather is getting warmer out. Wasn't so fun in the 40s and 30s but I got it roughly 3 weeks ago and lovin it. And I like asking here because I seem to get very good feedback. I found the thread at home so just found a new one at work today and with the butterfly removals and full Arata system dude pushed out 157HP to the rear wheel.
Sounds like you've done your homework then. Have fun with it! :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts