Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1993 ZX11. What is the difference between the C-1 and the D-1? My insurance quote was $55 a year for the C-1 and the D-1 was $155 a year.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
usually the letter after the zx11 part would be for a year or significant model change I cannot see how they would have both of those models for 93

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
usually the letter after the zx11 part would be for a year or significant model change I cannot see how they would have both of those models for 93
They split the 11's in 93. First part of the production year was C, the second was D. I can see no difference in the cc's. Darrell has one, and even the manuals are different. I'll ask when he gets off of work.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
from what I just read it was a major design change and none of the parts are interchangeable a 93 would be a zx11c4 but the must have done a design change mid year and produced a 93 zx11d1

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I was just on zx forums they say the engine is the same but the bodywork wheels and basically everything else is not interchangeable

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Good job, my boy! I knew there was a difference, he always had to get exactly D1 parts, or it wouldn't work. You are a persistent fart, though! But that's a good thing!

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
I was just on zx forums they say the engine is the same but the bodywork wheels and basically everything else is not interchangeable
I know the carbs are different so that would tell me that some other things are different also. the D1 had more power than the c4.

the crank cases are different part numbers also so would figure they are different parts too.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I know the carbs are different so that would tell me that some other things are different also. the D1 had more power than the c4.

the crank cases are different part numbers also so would figure they are different parts too.

Would explain the difference in the insurance quotes.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I just did a quick search on the net
I wouldn't doubt it you know how unreliable some people can be on the internet.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I just did a quick search on the net
I wouldn't doubt it you know how unreliable some people can be on the internet.

These bikes have their fanatics. I just happen to live with one! The goal is to mine back together, then get the 11 together, so it can be a 1/4 mile bike!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Plastics, frame, and crank, are main differences. C front fairng has single air inlet. D has dual. Lowers and rear fairings different too.
Engine parts interchange. C uses offset front sprocket. D has flat sprocket.
Have a 91C and 93D. Both now need valve jobs.
One is no faster than other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts