Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my bike has been unable about 40 Days because an accident, all is repair by now but susprise, there´s no spark in the spark plug cap, can anybody tell me wich coul´d be the probably cause of the failure?

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you've checked all the wiring connections from the ignition-switch, ECU and kill-switch/starter-button then i'd suspect the Pickup-coil.

If you've got a manual there should be a simple resistance check to see if this is ok or not.

Are the spark-plugs new?

Hopefully it's not the ECU (IC-igniter) :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
First thing i would do is check if there is any fault codes stored in the ECU far quicker than throwing wild guesses at the Bike in the vague hope you hit on the culprit.

A list of what was Damaged /Replaced might be of some help.

The diagnistic connection is under the rear seat beneath the tray which will have to be removed.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Not quite wild guesses tho' eh :)
They are in my opinion Against using the onboard diagnostics Kawasaki are kind enough to fit to their Bikes !!!!

It would take me 5 mins max to extract any Fi codes from the 12's ECU, I'd like to see you or anyone for that matter swop out a set of 12 plugs on a stock bike in 5 mins......Tell ya what i'll give you 10 mins how's that :wink:

If you've checked all the wiring connections from the ignition-switch, ECU and kill-switch/starter-button then i'd suspect the Pickup-coil.

This lot's gonna take longer than 5 :wink:

So yep them's be Wild Guesses in ma Humble opinion :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
+++ to above. Following a logical troubleshooting proceedure is the most cost effective way to find a problem, ESPECIALLY on an FI bike. Things can get very expensive in a hurry and the bike still does not run.
Is spark the"only" thing that is wrong? Nothing else, no matter how remote or seemingly unrelated?
Was it a front end collision?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts