Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I don't believe its a busa killer, but after 180mph how much faster do you really need to go?

in the curves it will kill a busa, but straight line the busa is going to pull away, those 100ccs make a difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
I would like to tell you how my dreams were shattered. I am a huge Busa fan and over the last three weeks I have witnessed and videod three different busa's getting thrashed by a stock ZX12 and believe it or not by three different GSXR 1000's. I almost put my bikes keys on the table in favour of the Busa. I am from South Africa and we have long open roads and no restrictions on our bikes. There are three Zx12's in our club and I still have to see a busa beat one of them.( wish they would though) Its about time Suzuki brings in some changes seeing that the spec have not changed since 2000.

Cheers
Lindsay

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
NOT AS FAST

Lindsay, Not as fast as a ZX-10R...Sorry! I have friends from Coffee Bay, Collins is their last name Ronnie and Shaun, then too another friend named Philip and his wife Heather...he rides bikes here in Kansas City (Overland Park) and one of them is a Kawasaki Police Bike). YOu maust stay in touch. Lindsey Angell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ljangell, we are only getting the ZX10-R here in March. How does it perform against the 1000 Suzuki's? or the ZX12 for that matter?. Glad to here that you know some SA bikers. Some people think that we only ride scooters down here ha ha.

cheers

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
DAKAR

I heard that the Dual Sport bikes were the bikes to have, as well as the big bikes. I guess that it would depend upon what sections of roads you were on. YOu must make a visit to Kansas City, or if you are passing through give us a shout. I know about a dozen people from SA and it's a great group of people. We have a couple Ausies, a NZ (kiwi), just people from ALL over the world. Coach Collin was a big name in Rugby from what I hear, now he runs "Coffee Bay" in Overland Park, Ks. According to the new magazines for April 2004 the Zx-1R is supposed to be a kick butt bike. Its narrower has a smaller frontal area than the Kawasaki 600's, has just a smidge shorter wheelbase, and flies like it has wings. There was an initial problem with the new Slipper clutch but it is supposed to be taken care of before it hits the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad to hear that we are not the last ones to get the new bikes. It seems as if we all get them at more or less the same time.I was under the impression that you guys got all the best things first.. Let me know if you ever have contact with a new ZX1R owner, i would love to know how they perform.If you are in contact with this Collins guy ask him if he knows a guy with the surname of Kluyts, he is also a big name in SA rugby and is some uncle of mine. Tell him that I am From Port Elizabeth, Cofee Bay is in the same province. I would love to go to the United States someday, but time, money and visa's are always the problem. BUt who knows.

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts