1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
I'd say he got away scott free - here in the United States there are several states that consider that type of citation a felony offense (for driving over 100 mph) and will not only impound your bike, you're likely to lose your license.

Unless, of course, the law enforcement agency is concerned about some type of serious backlash for issuing a harsher punishment on this guy. After all, litigation is thrown around left and right these days.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
From the article, it seems he pulled over...cop didn't have to work hard to get him (probably why he was only given a ticket and not arrested on the spot).

That said, it certainly does nothing to improve the image of motorcyclists. Yeah the '14 will get up to that speed in a little over 10 seconds from a stand-still, but that doesn't mean you need to use it on a public roadway. :frown:

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The forum where I first saw the article had a bunch of replies talking about all the jackass motorcyclists on the roads and how we should all be hung by our bullocks for being such hooligans :lol:

The way I see it, was just a guy out having some fun on an empty road (well, empty except for the cop... oops) with his favorite toy. I know I'd have a hard time resisting the urge twist it a little with a machine like that. He knew he was busted and he pulled over to collect his performance award... rather than being a real jackass and trying to go faster to find a place to turn off and hide, or outrun the cop.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
The forum where I first saw the article had a bunch of replies talking about all the jackass motorcyclists on the roads and how we should all be hung by our bullocks for being such hooligans :lol:

The way I see it, was just a guy out having some fun on an empty road (well, empty except for the cop... oops) with his favorite toy. I know I'd have a hard time resisting the urge twist it a little with a machine like that. He knew he was busted and he pulled over to collect his performance award... rather than being a real jackass and trying to go faster to find a place to turn off and hide, or outrun the cop.
I'm no "angel" as far as speed is concerned (maybe a part-time angel? :wink: )but I do realize their is no such thing as "an empty road".

Having said that, at least he didn't try to run, pulled over and took his poison like fairly responsible person.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
I'm no "angel" as far as speed is concerned (maybe a part-time angel? :wink: )but I do realize their is no such thing as "an empty road".

Having said that, at least he didn't try to run, pulled over and took his poison like fairly responsible person.
:lol: 'fairly' responsible person :lol:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts

thus the beginnings of suicide productions.

what do you think that little ground squirrel thingy would do to a bike going that fast? not very big but enough of a bump to cause an issue?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
thus the beginnings of suicide productions.

what do you think that little ground squirrel thingy would do to a bike going that fast? not very big but enough of a bump to cause an issue?
At 150mph you wouldn't even notice the poor little fuzzy guy.

I tagged a little bird once on the V2K. Didn't see it myself but Tracy said I hit it and it shot out of the motor area at 90 degrees and at about 450mph. I also caught a quail on the windshiled once, poor fella looked like someone used him for a pillow fight as he exploded above me.

RIP little furry and feathery creatures.

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
I'm shocked the dude pulled over. I woulda taken the next exit and some backroads. Sure they have a radio but I'd sure make an effort on hiding if I knew I'd get away with it... though im sure he called for backup just incase.

still a zx14 not even goin full speed...

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
From the article, it seems he pulled over...cop didn't have to work hard to get him (probably why he was only given a ticket and not arrested on the spot).

That said, it certainly does nothing to improve the image of motorcyclists. Yeah the '14 will get up to that speed in a little over 10 seconds from a stand-still, but that doesn't mean you need to use it on a public roadway. :frown:

You got that right. From what I have seen pulling over meant he got a fine and some points. If he had run (and been caught) , he likely would never have been allowed to operate a motor vehicle again legally. Too many have died in that attempt to outrun the cops. Hence the "no chase" rules in many areas.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I pulled over and stopped and waited for the cop once when I was in the RX7 twin turbo - going a little too fast. Sure enough - no mercy from the cop. I got a ticket. I was actually on my way to my hospital ER to resolve an IT issue and got carried away trying to hurry to get there. I've somewhat regretted my stupidity for that day for years now. Of course, he was a local cop, and my twin turbo was the ONLY one like it in that whole area - so he would have nailed me later I guess.

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts
friend of mine used to run all of the time . . ., until they figured out who he was.
you did the right thing in the long run

·
Registered
362 Posts
Funny story; years ago, a friend was riding a Kawi Z1000 very fast, got lit up by a local city cop. My friend ran, and was getting away, until the chain broke. Cop pulled up, told him that he might have made it, there was no other officer close enough, there was no chopper available, and that Kawi could outrun and outcorner a cop car with ease. Impounded the bike and big ticket.
Another one; another friend had a 396 StingRay, with a very distinct custom paintjob. Heading thru the hills on Fullerton Rd, winding it out, he saw a CHP come out of a side road and light him up. He boogied, got two curves between them. It was getting dark, then he saw headlights flashing thru the trees and no more cop car. He thought the CHP had run off the road. He took a loop back to the house, parked the car in the garage with the door down, and didn't drive it for a month, then sold it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts