Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of issues I have left now.

I have just got it MOT'ed at long last.

All it really needed was the front brake disks replacing, but the rigmarole behind that was utter hell.

Anyway, It failed on the disks, The front brake light switch, and headlamp aim too low...

The nipples at the MOT place are useless, so I took it to another shop, a little further away, to get it sorted... They did those, but they said that the Frame had a crack, and would not MOT it unless it weas sorted... They said they could get someone to do it, but after 3 weeks, they had still not got anyone, so I said to sort out what they could, and I would do it for the MOT, which they did... Cost me £350 in all, and it was still not MOT'ed!

Now, the shop that failed it first, hadnt noticed the crack, so I took it back there, to try my luck!

It failed!!!

What? They still didnt notice the crack, but the brakes were not up to scratch ( What? new pads, and disks, and it wasnt good enough? ), the Headlamp aim was still not good enough! - and a few other silly bits, that, by the way, passed the last time... Only less than a month ago.

So, stuff them, I could not take it, and I told them that they are just a bunch of con merchants only out to try to sell me overpriced parts, and that they can shove the bloody thing up their gary-glitter.

Anyway, overly long story cut down time.

Yesterday morning, I managed to get hold of a Welder who will have a look at it... but as he was expecting an order, can I come in first thing in the morning.... 7:30 this morning I was there! - and he had a look and said to give him an hour, and sure enough... Sorted.

Went home via the bike shop, and they said that they would give it a run over, and make sure its still ok to MOT and sure enough, it passed with flying colours!

I asked them about the other bike shop, and they said that they are known to be w#####s at this kind of thing. I asked about this and that of where it failed, and they said a hell of a lot that had me shocked.

Its annoying that the other shop can get away with doing this kind of thing.

Anyway, in total, with having 4 MOTs, the re-weld, and the parts & labour done to my bike, its cost me £438.17p and I know the exact because its all gone one the credit card and the missus is going spare with me on that, but this is just disgusting!

The front tyre isnt too hot, so thats more expense very soon, and I think its only firing on 3 again... I say think cos the bloody thing is so quick with just 3 thats its not real, btu it wont tick over and its a little rough, but other than that, its fine.

As soon as I know the score on that, its getting sold.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry mate. My Bad.

MOT is a UK thing.

Basically, an MOT is a test to make sure that a car/bike/whatever is up to a certain standard... i.e.

The brakes work good enough
Lights all work, and properly
Tyres have enough tread

And so on...

Not 100% sure if MOT stands for Ministry Of Transport, or somethign else, like Motorists Orifice Test? ( LOL ) but its the Ministry Of Transport that control the test anyway.

·
Registered
412 Posts
We call them Safety Inspections. Though Arkansas stopped doing them several years ago to give the police the power to pull you over if in there opinion you vehicle was unsafe. Just a good excuse to be able to stop you.

Joe

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ministry of transport...sounds like Orwell's 1984

1 - 5 of 5 Posts