Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got a 1985 zx600a thats not going and i think the ic ignitor might be fried cause im getting no spark...but the part number on the box is faded so im not sure wat one i should be looking for, anyone know wat type number the box should be?

Cheers,
Sam

·
Bovine Scatology Artist
197 Posts
I don't know if your ZX is like my ZL600a1, but the igniter connection block is a known point of failure. Sometimes you would only lose one coil(2 cylinders), but others reported losing all igntion. When it happened to me, it was just 2 cyl's, but that was bad enough.

Try unplugging the igniters from the wiring harness, clean up all the connectors, get some sort of electrically-compatible grease and then plug it all back in. It cured my ignition problem, and others on our ZL site said it fixed theirs as well.

That may not be it, and as others have helpfully implied, you could be on a long goose chase. I'd strongly suggest trying to find a manual somewhere - it was invaluable for me, not to figure out what was wrong, but to figure out where the part was and what it looked like!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv followed all the steps in the service/repair manual, checked all the wiring with a multimeter, check the coils and plugs leads and they seem to all be giving normal readings, but the ic ignitor didnt seem to be giving readings like the book said. Anyway getting it tested today so should know whether or not its cactus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.