Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am looking to see if anyone knows where to find frame sliders for a 1990 ZX600C, I am even willing to do custom work if necessary. I am going to paint the bike and make it look really really nice. It is a great running bike so I want to set it up to last a long time.

Also, as this is my first sport bike my dad would like me to source out a wheelie bar for it. Is anything available? Otherwise is it fairly simple to put together a custom setup?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got a zx600c and i haven't been able to find any frame sliders. Also, that bike's engine has no power down in the low revs ( maybe yours runs a little better than mine, thought), so I wouldn't worry much about wheelies

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may make custom frame sliders when I do my paint job. I get to go work on the bike tomorrow if everything goes well. The wheelie bar is to please my parents. I weigh about 160lbs and am 6'4" tall, needless to say I am lanky. I have only driven the bike for 10min so far, and lets just say I think I could get the wheel off the ground if I were to slap the throttle.

My bike is is great condition. 18k miles, but it has been serviced properly the whole way. The previous owner was a cop who was the head of the bike cops in his area.

I look forward to driving a ton more in the next month or so. Until then the bike is going to be made to look less dated. I am dedicating about $200 to doing so on top of the cost of the paint sprayer. New flush mount front and rear turn signals and a 2 tone paint job of something like metallic island blue up top and some black along the bottom.

The rear turns are going to go to the left and right of the tail light. can anyone suggest a set that will look good and actually compare to the factory tail. Or, for that matter, where I could find a newer looking rear brake light?

Thanks
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts