Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am having problems getting my bike to crank. I hadn't ridden in about 3 weeks, and I was going to ride yesterday. I had the battery tender hooked up, so the battery is good. When I went through all the steps and hit the start button, there was nothing. :cry: After repeated hits, the starter cranked for about 2 seconds and stopped again.

When I removed the seat to check the usual suspects, I discovered that when I hit the start button, there is a buzzing sound from the junction box. When I jumped the starter relay, the starter cranks, so everything downstream of the relay is ok.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated. Please let me know if I missed any checkpoints or info. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was only able to locate the junction box and starter relay.

Where can I find the solenoid? What does it look like? Thanks.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
you found what he said to look for.
first i would try JUMPING the bike off a car to make sure the battery "IS ACTUALLY GOOD", if it cranks and starts with the jump then your battery is either low or bad (your tender cant keep a charge in a bad battery)
if it just buzz's at you from the junction box then the junction box is bad (theres relays inside and one is bad)
try these ides first before jumping to the solenoid again. :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea. I tried jumping the bike off a car battery too. It's the same thing. The junction box just buzzes and on rare instances cranks temporarily. I initially thought it was the junction box because of the buzzing, but the same condition occurred when I replaced it with a good junction box from my parts bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts