Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,

I rode my kawasaki (1994) ninja zx-6e to work and went on my break on my bike i came back parked her on the center stand and after my shift she just wont start went i crank her i get a weird buzzzzzzy noise, rpm needle goes up, tail light, turn signals and horn works (head light does not work).
Could some one help me in this matter.....

Bye

ZUBI

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Wierd symptoms

Zubi, try pulling one fuse at a time as the bike is running to see which circuit it is...flip your headlight switch several times back and forth as well. it's not likely that it has failed, but these things do happen. Test the switch from the sidestand, to see if it is acting up...even in this situation check your battery connections and your grounding points. We've seen that several times in the past two weeks. When you try to start her again make sure that she is in Neutral, and actually rolls back and forth(not a false reading). Worse case disconnect the headlight, it's not working anyway...and see what happens...I/we are watching the FORUM on this one, so please let us know what you find...don't tell us that you forgot to turn the gas on...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Battery Problems

Zubi, for some reason we have seen several battery problems lately. See if you can get it load tested or borrow another battery for just a short period of time...In my old days, or were they my younger days...I used a pair of Aligator clips on a cut off ends extension cord so that I knew Positive from Negative, and that way I could safely start and run the bike from my bench battery, or my car battery which one was ever closer...Please let us on the FORUM know what you find out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts