Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my bike in vid , but My bike has the exact same prob . It will run super in hi RPM but if I lay on it hard it will bogg down then take off .
Q is ?? How do I fix this .. Are my carbs out of tune ?

In this vid at 2 sec is what best dicrips what my bike sounds like .
YouTube - zx6e

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Stock carbs? Have an airbox? Manual slide carbs? Opening them too fast? Lots of possibilities here. More data would help.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
This is not my bike in vid , but My bike has the exact same prob . It will run super in hi RPM but if I lay on it hard it will bogg down then take off .
Q is ?? How do I fix this .. Are my carbs out of tune ?

In this vid at 2 sec is what best dicrips what my bike sounds like .
YouTube - zx6e
Could be lots of things.....dirt carb, incorrect jetting etc

My 2001 ZX6E did the same thing.....after cleaning all the carbs and not finding anything terribly dirty......while putting everything back together I found a vacuum hose had hardened and fell apart....reconnected and problem solved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx For replys The carbs are stock . Your rite I need more info Ill get some data and get a good vid of my bikes carbs and how it sounds/runs poor when i goose it . I like to work on my things my self I have quite a few things I want to do to bike . look foward to getting good info here . Ill use this thread and bump it to top when I get what I think I need to bring to the thread so somebody can help me along . :biggrin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok closly obb my carbs while running I note that the two on the left at the needle jet I do not see fule (at idle) the two on the right I see fule (At idle)
When I lay on throttle it will almost stall if a graduly twist trotle it will run fine . In higher rpm I see fule at the neddle jets on left side . The bike seems
to have better compressin at idle on the right two that fule is apparent at needle jet the left side has compression but not as well i think .
Sory about the hack job spelling not so great at that .
Also it will (sometime) idle down fine Others it will very graduly idle down slow .

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
From your description I'd guess your pilot jets or passages are clogged. Having the carbs removed and carefully cleaned will most likely solve the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From your description I'd guess your pilot jets or passages are clogged. Having the carbs removed and carefully cleaned will most likely solve the problem.
Ok I removed and cleaned now one of the carbs looks to be over fueling at the needle jet carb is getting to much fule .... . I have no idea why when I
cleened it now it wants to POOR fule out like crazzy .

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Could be a stuck float or bad float height adjustment. If this bike has the factory jets you will not be able to get it running right with the airbox off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you remove the floats?
Yes ! I cleaned all the carb . . . my guess is a float . Funny I knew nothing
before I pulled apart and now im catching on .....:-o I hope ! Ill pull apart next week . I have to weight to I have a day off work .
What a pain in the *** it is just to back off the allen head screws that hold them on . I have a easyer time deling with the carbs than getting them off .

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
It's a bit difficult to say whats going on when in the video. With unknown choke setting, throttle position, etc at different times during the video and with a cold engine to boot. Bogging out like that on a cold engine doesn't surprise me. I'd try to get the engine running right at normal operating temps. Then pursue any other problems but I'm not sure if you are saying you have throttle control problems or what but I'm guessing you do since you have the throttle apart in the vid. So I guess my question at this point is why is the throttle apart or what are you attempting to fix with it right now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a bit difficult to say whats going on when in the video. With unknown choke setting, throttle position, etc at different times during the video and with a cold engine to boot. Bogging out like that on a cold engine doesn't surprise me. I'd try to get the engine running right at normal operating temps. Then pursue any other problems but I'm not sure if you are saying you have throttle control problems or what but I'm guessing you do since you have the throttle apart in the vid. So I guess my question at this point is why is the throttle apart or what are you attempting to fix with it right now?
The Throttle was apart because it was sticking open Ie not enuff slack .

Butt the prob is when I lay on the trottle from iddle to wide open it will stall .

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
OK, you need to resolve the throttle issue and get that put back together. Then it wouldn't hurt to keep the throttle visible in the vid when you rev it so we can see whats happening when. Also, you need to get the engine up to something close to normal operating temp before doing the test. That bogging could be because the engine is still cold.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I'm out of state for the holidays so I'm not sure how much I'll be loggin in for the next couple of weeks. Stick with it and hopefully we'll get it figured out.

·
Low Voltage High Current
217 Posts
Check for air leaks. Could leak (suck air) between the intake tubes and cylinder head? Leak between intake tubes and carbs? Even, possible leak between carbs and air box (air filter)?

Many times after having removed carbs and/or intake tubes. These areas may not have sealed up completely, after re-assembly. Especially, if they havent been apart in a while.

With engine warm at idle. Easy check for this, is to spray a small shot of starting fluid or carb cleaner thru the space around the carbs and cylinder head, it will not take very much starting fluid at all. If there is a leak, the engine will speed up some. No change in engine speed, no leak!

If it leaks. Re-check all the areas that I mentioned in the first paragraph above and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Hope this helps!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts