Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iv got a issue with my Zx6r 2007 when running more than 10 miles the temp gauge go’s up to over 90c it will raise upto 105 when running and upto 118 when sat ticking over but if I’m running around 70 plus mph it will start to drop to around 90-95c is this a problem or is it normal for the Zx6r the fan do’s kick in around 115 and go’s down very slowly just seems to be high to me hope someone can help with this as I don’t want to do any serious damage to my engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yeh been told this but mine seems to get to around 112 till the fan kicks in so iv placed a manual fan switch in but noticed once i put the fan on manually the temp jumps up 8c more straight away

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yep that's a tad warmer than it should be considering previous models (G,J,A) have the Fan cutting in around 103 deg C
IIRC the 'P' model runs hotter but 112 is to hot.

First thing I would do is make sure the Cooling system has decent coolant in it not just muddy water, For a Motorcycle you need to get some premixed Coolant I use Rock Oil Cool but any good quality premix will do.
I would also pressure test the Rad cap in case it's letting bye early but in your case and the fact the Bikes 13 years young I would replace it as it's probably seen better days, Kawasaki parts number 49085-1066 @ £ 17.44

1 - 4 of 4 Posts