Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale:
Rare blue, 2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R, with only 408 miles!!! Bike is located in Southern California.

I am the original owner of this bike. I purchased in November of 2000 and now has only 408 miles. The bike has 8 months left on a transferable extended warranty. It has a $0 deductable with towing and rental reimbursement included. I believe that the fee to transfer this warranty is $100 - to be paid and handled directly by the buyer if he/she so wishes.

It looks exactly as it did in the showroom; no scratches, dents, dings, or imperfections. The engine has never been above 6000 RPM as I have been observing the recommended break-in strategy.

I recently had the major service performed at the dealer to change the oil, coolant, and break fluid, adjust the breaks clutch, and chain, change the front fork oil, and lubricate the steering stem bearings. Additionally, I just replaced the battery as it has become weak due to infrequent use.

The bike has never been in the rain and seen mostly highway miles. It has never been dropped and has never had any body work. Garage kept with a weekly dusting and oil changes every 6 months.

Asking $6300. I will post pictures Tomorrow.

Call me anytime if you have any questions.

310-466-8888

·
Registered
380 Posts
Re: ZX6R for Sale with only 408 miles!!! Stock, warranty, i

supra2nv said:
Garage kept with a weekly dusting and oil changes every 6 months.
Why would you change the oil ever 6 months if it only has 408 miles??

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If oil sits too long it can become whitish in color and be emulsified. Bad for engine. Any water vapor will create issues....

Thats why people winterize their bikes :idea:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts