Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started to have gear change problems: Once the bike's warmed up it's okay but from cold the gear pedal is floppy in first and once in second i can't change into first or third! Clutch still disengages fine. As engine warms gear change comes back to normal. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Timbo said:
Just started to have gear change problems: Once the bike's warmed up it's okay but from cold the gear pedal is floppy in first and once in second i can't change into first or third! Clutch still disengages fine. As engine warms gear change comes back to normal. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Is it really cold where you are? If it is, this could be normal. Sometimes in really cold weather the gears are a pain to change. But it could also be something else. Maybe someone has an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gear shift getting worse

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm in the UK and the temps actually not bad for the time of year. I've been away for the weekend and just taken the cover off of the bike and the gear selector feels like it's in treacle and stays in the position it's moved to without flicking back to the middle - probably time to shell out for a mechanic!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts