Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm a newbie so hello everyone!

I have a quick question if anyone can help, I've bought a ZX6R, I pick it up on Saturday and the one thing that I don't like about it is those horrible grab handles on the back.

Can they be removed and can you buy some plugs to fill the holes where they were, or do you have to get a body shop to fill and paint them?

Look forward to your responses, cheers!

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's pretty funny, because I wish my ZX9R had them.
If you ever get a girlfriend (or boyfriend?--no offense intended; can't tell what sex or orientation you are from your handle?) they come in real handy when you have a passenger. My wife refuses to ride with me on my 9R, so I'm always stuck being the passenger on her 6R (which is nice, because she gets to be designated driver.)
AND these handles especially come in handy when you're wheeling the bike around or putting it up on the swingarm stand.

If money is no object, you can probably see if a ZX9R seat cowl will bolt directly on. Aside from the handles and the color, they appear identical.
Good luck.
-Calamari Chris in C'bad, CA

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You must have an 02 or 03 9R cause the 01's and earlyer had the handles for the passenger. I'm glad my 9R doesn't have them cause I think they look ugly too. As far as getting rid of them look at places that make aftermarket seat cowls and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts